Bug Custom Combat sub-tab does not give scrollbar when necessary

DanielH

Version: KoLMafia r27535 on Linux and r27464 on Windows, but as explained below it’s a bigger issue on Linux.

Issue: When the window is sized so that not all of the Custom Combat sub-tab of the Adventure tab is visible, there is no scrollbar to access the rest, and the buttons on the side overlap. This is relevant to me because KoLMafia, like most Java programs, does not support fractional scaling with high DPI on Linux, so my options are either unscaled (too small to use comfortably especially with low vision) or 2x scaled (not all of the custom combat tab fits on screen).

To reproduce: Either set high DPI scaling or shrink the window vertically, go to the Adventure tab and the Custom Combat sub-tab, and observe how not all necessary UI elements are visible.

Alternate solutions:
  • Instead of adding a scrollbar, if that’s more difficult than I expect, allow some of the sub-tabs of the Adventure tab to be broken out into their own tabs or windows. That way the window doesn’t need to show all of the auto-adventure stuff and the combat script stuff at the same time. At a quick glance, the ones that could be useful broken out into their own tabs are
  • There are workarounds you could implement to support fractional scaling factors (I think I’ve seen references to a couple, and in particular I know JetBrains IDE has one), which would be nice, but unless I’m missing something they are far more trouble than they’re worth.