Crimbo 2008

Raven434

I can't believe Crimbo has started and we don't have 1,317 requests to automate it.

[me=Raven434]hopes he didn't open Pandora's box....[/me]

:p

johnnyrichter

I use to know how to add locations under old/existing location names on 'mafia, but I can't remember anymore. Ugh...300+ clicks a day isn't any fun.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=johnnyrichter link=topic=2063.msg10469#msg10469 date=1229404014]
I use to know how to add locations under old/existing location names on 'mafia, but I can't remember anymore. Ugh...300+ clicks a day isn't any fun.
[/quote]
Sorry, this is the most lagtastic time of the year so it's not allowed to be spoken of.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well...over on the main forums, keska posted updated KoLmafia data files. He accompanied them with some vile language directed at the KoLmafia developers.

His post was removed by the moderators, and Jick himself came in and posted:

Jick said:
Yeah, keska, that's some serious horseshit. Don't post it again.

You're entitled to all of your abrasive know-it-all opinions, but that's because we explicitly allow you to be. This, however, we will not abide.

It's ambiguous whether the "serious horseshit" was the updated data files - which subverted our intent to NOT make it trivial for everybody and their puppy to automate the new Crimbo areas - or the vile language.

However, I don't feel inclined to change the policy of not including Crimbo automation in the released code before Crimbo. Not that it's any comfort, but I'll include the new areas AFTER Crimbo - for the sake of history.

I'd appreciate it if people stop asking how to automate the new areas. Thank you.

Bale

Minion
[quote author=Veracity link=topic=2063.msg10490#msg10490 date=1229475087]
It's ambiguous whether the "serious horseshit" was the updated data files - which subverted our intent to NOT make it trivial for everybody and their puppy to automate the new Crimbo areas - or the vile language.
[/quote]

I think that comments made by jick on the recent radio shows make it clearer what he meant by "serious horseshit." He feels that keska was wrong to subvert your intent. He agrees that if the current Crimbo was built into mafia, then lag would get worse.

zarqon

I have a script designed to help ensure that you have one of each of the Crimbo items made from elfbits. It only hits the server if it creates items, which it will do, one per lacking Crimbo item, as bits become available. May I post it?

On a slightly related note, get_ingredients() does not seem to have a useful return value for items made from multiple identical ingredients (i.e. pair of twitching claws, asshat, etc.). It only lists one of each unique ingredient. e.g.

get_ingredients($item[asshat]) returns [bum cheek] => 1

Bale

Minion
There's nothing wrong with automating crimbo content, like mutant item creation. It's only automated adventuring that is off-limits.