Feature - Rejected Consuming maximum

McDutchy

Would it be possible to include a checkbox somewhere in the food menu so that we can select whether we want mafia to queue/consume the maximum number of food or booze items or just one? I've been hit with this twice now where I mean to eat one piece of junk food or booze (mugcake, fortune cookie, daily special from either of the moon sign restraunts) and end up eating all my remaining fullness worth of them. Yes, this could have been solved by me being more alert when using mafia, but mafia currently has options for clover protection, semirare alerts, and going to the lemon party slot without a clover, so I'd like to make a request for a similar fullness-protection safeguard.

Bale

Minion
WTF? There's a pop-up that specifically asks how many you want to consume. Just don't select the maximum. KoLmafia has enough options already so that it's hard to find them all. I really don't want the UI to get another checkbox. Please, just pay attention.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Maybe just change the default value to 1 like what was done with creatables? I'm less in favor of it here than I was for that, but I wouldn't be against it here either. Either way, I don't think there should be a preference.

Bale

Minion
Maybe just change the default value to 1 like what was done with creatables? I'm less in favor of it here than I was for that, but I wouldn't be against it here either. Either way, I don't think there should be a preference.

I'm cool with the possibility, but I agree that it is good to leave it at maximum for default value. (Most of the time I'm using my best food and I want to use the maximum.)

Theraze

My vote is for max value for consumption. If I want to do less, I can always use relay browser or pay attention.

xKiv

What *I* don't like about that popup is that, if I disable the item creation checkbox (so that the food/booze manager only offers quantity on hand), the popup is still prepopulated with the same "as much as you can create and consume" value. Which wil then try to pull from closet, create, buy from mall, ...

Also, if the default is changed to 1 (or even if not), it might be useful to display the current default (you can't eat more than that because you would be overfull/wouldn't be able to acquire that many) somewhere.

Theraze

True... I'd be tempted to change the default from maximum possible, to maximum on-hand if any are. If you're asking for consumption of something you don't have any of, still offer maximum creatable... but if I have 2 and maximum creatable is 13, offer me my two. If I'm too lazy to care about it and change the number, I can always consume twice...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
On a typical session, I accept the default value displayed, because it is the max, about 4 or 5 times. I change it to 1 once and that is an aberration because I am presently farming semi-rares. So the proposed change would make more work for me in that several of my clicks would be converted to change and click.

Just saying...

StDoodle

Minion
For me, I always want the maximum creatable, EXCEPT for fortune cookies. I would be in favor of defaulting those to 1 on a hard-coded basis, as it's the one crap food you're likely to eat on a regular basis. But that's kinda hacky, and I'm also fine with things as they are.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
For me, I always want the maximum creatable, EXCEPT for fortune cookies. I would be in favor of defaulting those to 1 on a hard-coded basis, as it's the one crap food you're likely to eat on a regular basis. But that's kinda hacky, and I'm also fine with things as they are.
This is how I always eat, as well.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am sensing a consensus to leave things as they are and propose a new change, which is to hardwire the max for Fortune Cookies to 1. There doesn't seem to be a case for less than the max, as a default, for any other food.

stannius

I do the same. I also generally use "enqueue" which gives me a second chance to remove the extra 14 fortune cookies.

roippi

Developer
Another one that I can say no to a checkbox. Yay.

If there's a huge consensus for an opt-in hidden preference, we could consider that. But checkbox, no.