Chat window not open, but online in chat

eitak

I've been this having a problem with KoL mafia for ages. When I log onto KoLMafia, there's no way for me not to be shown as being in chat.

I've tried opening the chat pane and closing it again, opening the chat pane and typing /exit, etc, but whenever I run a whois on myself, it still says that I'm "online in channel ...."

Anyone know a way around this? I wouldn't care except that people in my clan or friends will talk to me while I have the window closed, thinking I can see what they're saying.

Edit: I was thinking of putting this in the bug reports but I'm not sure it's a bug.

Bale

Minion
I just tested this by logging in a second character and doing a /whois. It says that he is online, but it does not say that he is in any channel.

I wonder what is different about your character that he appears as being in chat. Perhaps there is something in your login script? There are a bunch of things that will make you appear to be in chat for a short time, such as requesting a fax from faxbot, so maybe you do one of those.

eitak

Hi Bale, thanks for your response. I do use faxbot, but I've tested this problem from before I used faxbot so I don't think that's the issue. I don't have any special login script set - is there a place where I can check that?

Theraze

Any other /commands you're using? If you do /use or any other chat commands, those might place you in chat until the chat session times out...

eitak

Not that I can think of. I've tried logging in and not using any commands for 20 minutes. I checked in 5 minute intervals and I was logged in the whole time. Each time it said I was in chat.

Bale

Minion
I've tried to duplicate that and failed so you must be doing something differently.

Do you have a loginScript? Take a look at breakfast preferences. At the top of the window it may list a script that activates at login. If so, please copy-paste it here! If not... well, at least let me know.