New Content - Implemented Changes to HP & MP modifiers

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Jick wrote:
The change to passive skills required some cleanup of the way Max HP and Max MP are calculated, and it shed some light on some weirdness that we then fixed.

HP and MP now work like everything else in the game, where multipliers apply first, then additions. So Wisdom of the Elder Tortoises, Spirit of Ravioli, and various Gnome and Hobopolis passives no longer multiply the effects of +HP or +MP gear.

Also, Skin of the Leatherback has been simplified and improved, it now gives (level/2) extra Damage Reduction, rounded up.

I believe our Basement decorator, at least, and presumably the Modifier Maximizer need to know how HP and MP work.

And Skin of the Leatherback needs to change in modifiers.txt.

GValko

Instead of being calculated by (Slimy Bonus) + (% modifiers)*(Base MP + flat MP modifiers), its now (Slimy Bonus + flat MP modifiers) + (% modifiers)*(Base MP). It's the same for HP, and slimy bonus are the slime tube skill bonuses.

Also it looks like they've changed how the % modifier is calculated, but I'm in BM so I really can't check.

(Going off of what Jick and JLE were saying - http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=190842)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I'll try looking into this. I guess we can get rid of the "Maximum HP Nonmultiplied" and "Maximum MP Nonmultiplied" modifiers of the slimy skills.

EDIT:
What happens with the
Code:
MAXIMUM( FLOOR((M + 3) × C) + P, FLOOR(m × C) )
part of the wiki's formula for base HP?

Does it simply become
Code:
MAXIMUM( FLOOR((M + 3) × C), FLOOR(m × C) )
?

Last edited:

GValko

I'm going to guess that the new formula is something like:

For HP: Flat Modifiers + (1+R+C+H+G)*(max(buffed muscle, unbuffed muscle)+3)

(R is 0.25 for spirit of ravioli, C is muscle class bonus of 0.5, H is hodg skill of 0.1, G is gnome skill of 0.05)

For MP: Flat Modifiers + (1+W+C+H+G)*(max(buffed myst, unbuffed myst))

same caveats, W is wisdom's 0.5 bonus.

GValko

According to JLE, it's basically what I just posted.

For HP: Flat Modifiers + (1+R+C+H+G)*(buffed muscle+3)
For MP: Flat Modifiers + (1+W+C+H+G)*(buffed myst)

This means that for the modifier maximizer, that HP/MP and Muscle/Myst are no longer 1:1. Rather, 1 point of Myst may now be worth anywhere from 1 to 2.15 MP, and 1 point of Muscle may now be worth between 1 to 1.9 HP.

slyz

Developer
The HP formula looks right, but when I put on -40% muscle buffs, I have:

- unbuffed muscle 531
- buffed muscle 319
- HP% modifiers: +40%
- HP modifiers: +50

and a maximum HP of 531.

So is the new formula something like
Code:
max HP = MAXIMUM( unbuffed muscle, flat modifiers + CEIL( (1+R+C+H+G)*(buffed muscle+3) ) )
?

EDIT: I still have 531 max HP after removing Reptilian Fortitude (+30 hp) from the above setup.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
But now, unbuffed muscle is a lower bound for the max HP, not a lower bound for the muscle on which the multipliers are applied.

Instead of
Code:
max HP = flat modifiers + (1+R+C+H+G)*( max( buffed muscle+3, unbuffed muscle) )
we have:
Code:
max HP = max( flat modifiers + (1+R+C+H+G)*(buffed muscle+3) , unbuffed muscle )

EDIT: or maybe it is

Code:
max HP = max( flat modifiers + (1+R+C+H+G)*(buffed muscle+3) , unbuffed muscle * [B]C[/B] )
but I can't verify right now.

Last edited: