Feature - Implemented Change gash reminders to make "key lime" rather than "key lime pie"

Change gash reminders to make "key lime" rather than "key lime pie"

For two reasons: making the pie costs an adventure by default, whereas just making the key lime does not; and if you already have a key lime in inventory, mafia will just convert that into a pie, leaving the key mafia was trying to lime un-limed.

Maybe change it to something like "make key lime (pie)", where the "(pie)" is a separate link that just tries to make a pie. I realized that some softcore ascenders may rely on the pie-making aspect to make certain they have one to pull in their next run. That or extra logic to explicitly make a key lime first should it detect that there are un-pied key limes already in inventory, and THEN make the pie?

roippi

Developer
In case it helps anyone, this turns all your keys into pies:

Code:
gimmepies => ashq print( "Getting KLPs! Available keys:");foreach i in $items[Jarlsbergs Key, Boris's Key, Sneaky Pete's Key, digital key, Richard's star key] { print( i + ": " + available_amount( i ) , "green"); create( available_amount( i ), to_item( replace_string(i, "Richard's","") + "lime pie") );}

Terion

And if you wanted to turn all your keys into key limes, replacing "lime pie" at the end of that alias with "lime" would save you the turns / boxen uses spent on crafting the pies.

And change the alias name at the start, too, if you don't like confusion. :D

I thought I had another reason, but I have no idea what it might have been now, so I'll just add my support for the suggestion!

Edit: Whoops, I think there's a typo in that alias... unless Mafia doesn't care about the missing apostrophe in Jarlsbergs. Which it doesn't; thanks, Theraze.

PPS: The request was implemented in 10799; just figured that should be mentioned since the thread got bumped. ;)

Last edited:

Theraze

Mafia doesn't care about the missing apostophe... skipping it means that mafia's fuzzy matcher will sort it out, and avoids cases where it thinks that you're trying to put together a phrase. :)