Can't use basic CLI scripts on a mac?

Manxome

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get my basic CLI scripts to run on a mac. Is there a special header that I need to put in? I just made a txt file with the commands I wanted to run on separate lines. When I try to run it, I get the error:
No available namespace with function: {\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf824\cocoasubrtf480

I looked all over but couldn't find any info. It sounds like a java problem to me. I couldn't find a guide for basic CLI script file conventions, like if it needs to be a specific extension or have certain commands. This is when running it from the gCLI within the GUI for Mafia. I'm using the mac-specific version, not the JAR. Is that the problem? I can run ash scripts fine.

It's been a long time since I've done scripting with Mafia, and I only ever did it on a Windows system before. Please, what am I doing wrong?

tl;dr: Do I need the JAR to run CLI scripts on a mac?

Thanks,
Manx.

Manxome

Thank you; I never would have figured that out. It actually took me a while to figure out how to make an empty file without going to the terminal.