Can't log in!

Federalist

It worked fine until this rollover. Now, when I try to log in, it sends login request, and then waits a minute to try again. Has done this repeatedly, until I've gotten the 5-minute wait error. Obviously this would suggest that I was entering my password correctly, but I'm simply not. I retyped it manually 3 times just to check, and I can still log in normally through the site.

EDIT: Reinstalled, working now.

Last edited:

Fwoosh

It worked fine until this rollover. Now, when I try to log in, it sends login request, and then waits a minute to try again. Has done this repeatedly, until I've gotten the 5-minute wait error. Obviously this would suggest that I was entering my password correctly, but I'm simply not. I retyped it manually 3 times just to check, and I can still log in normally through the site.

EDIT: Reinstalled, working now.

I have the same problem too, and what do you mean by Reinstall?

asturia

Minion
I have the same problem too, and what do you mean by Reinstall?
Delete every folder in the folder where you run kolmafia.
Except the Sessions folder and the scripts folder.
If you don't want to do this, just make a backup ol the folders you are deleting.

Fwoosh

Delete every folder in the folder where you run kolmafia.
Except the Sessions folder and the scripts folder.
If you don't want to do this, just make a backup ol the folders you are deleting.

hmm, i have a question:

Does the mafia use a specific port to connect? My try earlier on was in school, and now back home its working. My take is that the program uses one of the blocked ports to connect, is there any way to change the port?

(sorry but im not that tech savvy ><)

dangerpin

Your school possibly has a program\proxy that blocks access to the kingdom. Can you access the kingdom without using Mafia?

OldJanitor

Not sure this is related to the bug I just posted, but have you tried older daily builds at school? (Heck, I'm not even sure I posted it in the right place now...)

For me e.g. the older build 6869 works and the newer 6993 and 7000 I've tried now don't.

Fwoosh

Not sure this is related to the bug I just posted, but have you tried older daily builds at school? (Heck, I'm not even sure I posted it in the right place now...)

For me e.g. the older build 6869 works and the newer 6993 and 7000 I've tried now don't.

thats strange o_o.

I'll try it once school starts i guess. on break now xD.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Or you could try a version that includes revision 7003, which fixes proxy support, after I busted it earlier in the versions you are having trouble with...

Fwoosh

Or you could try a version that includes revision 7003, which fixes proxy support, after I busted it earlier in the versions you are having trouble with...

im using 7015 and it somehow works. so, 's all good xD

thank you very much!!

Last edited: