Bug - Fixed Cannot clear Beaten up by taking travel agency trip.

Noticed in 15.1 still present in build 10616.
During an Avatar of Boris run was beaten up and elected to take a vacation at the shore to use up the 3 turns. After clicking on "Sail Away" a dialogue is returned: "Between battle actions failed. Click the image if you'd like to continue anyway.". Clicking the image sends you back to the travel agency without taking a trip.

[50] Moxie Vacation
Encounter: The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency
Beaten Up cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
You need 1 more soft green echo eyedrop antidote to continue.

[50] Moxie Vacation
Encounter: The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency

I'll test this about 6 hours after rollover.
The messages suggest that the problem is effect removal not HP restoration ... are they the same?

holatuwol

Developer
Not the same, but HP restoration causes effect removal, so making it so that HP restoration does not fire should result in a fix.

Sorry, still occurring in build 10650. I have HP & MP recovery turned off just to be sure. Universal Recovery is installed as the recovery agent.

Theraze

It's more likely to be the "Auto remove malignant status effects" then the HP/MP recovery. For fun, try turning that off and see if it works?

holatuwol

Developer
Thanks, I think I'm starting to understand that most people would rather tell others to work around the problem of "remove malignant status effects is not working the way holatuwol intends it to" than help me fix it. If that's the case here, that's fine, but the bug essentially stays open until someone feels like helping me fix it.

Update: I realized that you might be in the relay browser rather than through the CLI, so I've updated the relay browser to use the same "don't try recovering health" used in the automated adventuring interface.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was in relay browser. The good news is 10654 works! Thanks holatuwol!

Theraze's suggestion also works ... if you don't care about that functionality.

Theraze

Sorry, I was trying to help Gnocchi discover whether the problem was actually not restoring health, or not removing the beaten-up effect... Since they specifically tried to disable hp/mp restoration to try to fix it, I suspected (and apparently was correct) that the problem was removing the effect... :)