New Content - Implemented Can 'putty' 6 times if you have Rain-Doh and Spooky Putty

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I can't see any harm in setting it to 5 even if it's wrong. If you used both things 3 times outside mafia and then try to use raindoh with mafia, this will at least lead to the conclusion that you can't use raindoh any more, though it won't tell you (because mafia can't tell) that you can't use putty any more. If you have a putty use left, then 5 is correct and mafia will be correct about both raindoh and putty status.

Also, if you're going to have a listener on having a putty sheet, shouldn't there be a listener for all of the other forms? If I'm going to pull it at all it will be in equipment form, and the deed won't show putty until I turn it into a sheet.

Last edited:

nworbetan

One thing I noticed was the Preferences.setInteger( "_raindohCopiesMade", 5 ); part of this: . . .
isn't necessarily true anymore.

That's actually the same issue I was having a debate with myself a few posts ago and ended up editing out a couple (imo bad) ideas about how to deal with it. What I finally settled on is that setting the preference to 5 is at least a clear indicator that that item isn't usable any more.

roippi

Developer
Yeah, I also figure it's strictly better to guess that rather than any of the other options. If we're out-of-synch with KoL, there is no way to determine the proper count, so be pessimistic.