Bug Build number no longer included with information on Jenkins page

Magus_Prime

I'm sure that this is a side-effect of the transition to Git, and the new build process, but it was really handy on the "old" version of both the Jenkins page and the, now renamed "Legacy SVN Changes" page,to be able to match the Kolmafia build numbers with the commit. Is that something that the devs think will return?

Thank you.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The version label requirements were driven by what made sense to the devs. Now that we are living with the initial implementation I agree that we need some kind of way to match versions available for downloads with "commit" comments which are available but seem to be displaying things like #40 in the reported GitHub changes and 66 on Jenkins (with context that can get to #40 and a git hash).

I stand by my insistence that we continue with a single, easy to reference. monotonically increasing version label but doing was harder than I expected.

Magus_Prime

This morning the GitHub changes page in the forum now notes the correct associated build number. The Jenkins page now has build numbers but they don't seem to align with either the build number of the JAR or the GitHub changes page. For example:

JAR - 25711
GitHut changes page - 25711
Jenkins - 25716

Still. Yeah progress!

Thank you.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
It's because for some reason Github is double triggering builds at the moment, I don't have access to check the webhooks on the Github repo so I'm unsure if it just an incorrect setting.