Bug or feature?

Catch-22

I guess this is directed at the devs more than anything, but feel free to comment.

Firstly, timestamp (ie. echo timestamp, logprint timestamp) currently outputs the KoL date which is not really what I would call a timestamp. Bug or feature?

Secondly, ASH files do not have to end in .ash to be processed by KoLmafia, they only have to contain .ash somewhere. See line 5013/5014 of KoLmafiaCLI.java, a dev has commented the behavior. Bug or feature? If it's a bug, there's a suggested fix in this thread.

If timestamp is a feature, I'd like to request more accuracy with today_to_string() (or perhaps a now_to_string()) which people can then truncate for their own needs. Down to the second accuracy would be nice, of course all single digit figures with a leading zero, so you have a standard string length to work with.

Last edited:

holatuwol

Developer
Firstly, timestamp (ie. echo timestamp, logprint timestamp) currently outputs the KoL date which is not really what I would call a timestamp. Bug or feature?
Feature. This was added so that people could see what KoL days their runs took place on (it's a command that's executed internally).

Secondly, ASH files do not have to end in .ash to be processed by KoLmafia, they only have to contain .ash somewhere. See line 5013/5014 of KoLmafiaCLI.java, a dev has commented the behavior. Bug or feature?
Feature. This was added because someone wanted to call scripts that ended in ~ and wanted those to be hidden from KoLmafia's menus.