Bug - Fixed Buff maintenance links missing from Character Pane

ungawa

It has been reported a few times on the kol forum, but Bale suggested posting debug logs over here.

The issue is that even with the "Add buff maintenance links to the left side pane" checked in Preferences, the up arrow and buff removal links are missing for some players.

As Bale requested, here are two debug logs that were monitoring when I clicked "refresh" in the character pane. The first is from r10570 when I first noticed the issue, and the second is from r10613 to make sure the behavior hadn't changed.

View attachment DEBUG_20120225(r10570_noBuffMaintenanceLink).txt
View attachment DEBUG_20120225(r10613_noBuffMaintenanceLink).txt

I'm currently in a Boris run, have my mood set to run Song of Accompaniment, and I do not have the buff maintenance links next to the buff in the character pane.

Let me know if I can check anything else, and I'll update if anything changes on my end.

Last edited:

ungawa

Sorry to double post, but after spending a few adventures today the buff maintenance links were working. I'm not sure what changed. Here's another debug log with the maintenance links working.

View attachment DEBUG_20120225(r10613_BuffMaintenanceLink).txt

I did toggle the "Add buff maintenance links..." option off and back on at some point, but I'm sure it was checked when I started today and the links were missing.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks!

Revision 10614 will successfully add links to the charpane you showed me. Let's hope this is the same problem as other compact charpane users are having.

The difference between your first charpane and the successful one was that the latter had an Intrinsic Effect - Gaze of the Volcano God.

Last edited:

ungawa

Awesome!

FYI, I just figured out what condition makes the links come and go seemingly at random.

I have a Juju mask, and when I have an intrinsic effect active, I have buff maintenance links, but when I don't have an intrinsic effect, the links disappear.

Also, the fortune cookie counter is with the rest of the buffs when I have an intrinsic effect. However, when I don't have an intrinsic effect, the fortune cookie counter is down below the regular buffs where intrinsic effects usually go.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. We put the fortune cookie counters (and the mood maintenance link) in with the effects section, if you have one, otherwise into a dummy effect section which we put into the "right" place - above the intrinsic effects or at the end, if you have none.

As I said, the issue was that when you didn't have intrinsic effects, we didn't find normal effects. Compact charpane only. Fixed. :)

ungawa

Snazzy, just picked up 10614 and the buff maintenance links are definitely there whether or not I have an active intrinsic effect.
I'm impressed :)