Bug - Fixed breakfast causing out of memory and other errors on r27762

c2t

breakfast has been giving me out of memory errors and other oddities, but only on r27762. When I run breakfast, mafia starts filling all the memory allocated to it (16GB allocated in my case) in well under a minute, and mafia also gets to more than 90% CPU usage and stays there, affecting the whole system. The longer I let it go on, the slower the system gets and the longer it takes it to respond to a kill process request. Eventually I have to restart the system to be able to do anything. Because even if it "finishes," usually because of a server error, I can't do anything in mafia, to include close it without killing it. Then basically any file mafia was accessing is locked even after the process is killed.

I've included some debug logs for this:

DEBUG_20231228_p1.txt: The first section gives an actual out of memory error, which was after mafia and my system was in an state that required a restart. It simply points to the line cli_execute("breakfast"); in a script as the error. The other 2 are when I ran it with debug on;breakfast;debug off, but I killed the process after a few minutes because I didn't want to have to restart the system.

DEBUG_20231228_p2.txt: I let debug on;breakfast;debug off run until a server error, after which mafia was in a state where I could do nothing with it except kill it. Then the files it was accessing were locked of course.

Edit: this seemed to fix it: https://github.com/kolmafia/kolmafia/pull/2138
Edit2: fixed in r27763

Attachments

• DEBUG_20231228_p1.txt
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DEBUG_20231228_p2.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: