autoascend script is bugged for me

tehnoob:)

I keep getting the error "auto_interrupt detected and aborting, auto_interrupt disabled." whenever I try to run autoascend. Is there any way to fix this? I've already tried closing kolmafia and restarting it, but I still keep getting the same error.

Is there any way to fix this?

EDIT: Here's a copy of the log from the Graphical CLI screen, from when I tried to run autoascend :

Btw, not sure if it matters, but I'm running the script in Hardcore Standard.

Last edited:

tehnoob:)

Nevermind, I finally got the script working again.

I was able to fix it by manually completing the Boss Bat quest, and reporting it to the council. The script seemed to work after that for some reason.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
autoscend is by no means perfect or always successful. It is nevertheless pretty good and actively maintained and getting better. Most of the time it stops you can look at what it was trying to do and figure out why it did not succeed. For example when ascending with characters with very little meat it will stop when it needs elemental damage, can only generate it with spells and there is no meat to restore MP. This is pretty consistent for me in the Billiards Room and the 8-Bit Realm. So you find a way to restore MP and restart or you find a way to make meat and make some or you find some 'task" you can run manually that will advance something. It has failed to unlock the Island for me which usually means it needs meat. Sometimes I have to manually do the unlock because it is stuck but not sure why. Sometimes it thinks an area or boss is safe at a high monster level when it isn't. Lower ML or shrug buffs or craft an outfit with more HP, MP or both and run manually.

Most of the time it fails you can figure out why, correct it and run a few turns manually or choose something else to do and run manually.

You might also consider using the autoscend GUI to make the logging less verbose - INFO suffices most of the time. That might make it easier to see that autoscend aborted because it could not restore MP and you should set _autoIgnoreRestoreFailureToday to true (and restart) if you want it to ignore restoration errors and continue. The suggestion to do so was in the gCLI.

People on KoLmafia.us will help if they can but the autoscend dev team much prefers to support the script vi GitHub or Discord. https://github.com/loathers/autoscend

If I was unable to report elsewhere I would post something here and tag @Malibu Stacey. While we have had our differences they have been very helpful with autoscend support when they notice a question on KoLmafia.us.

I keep getting the error "auto_interrupt detected and aborting, auto_interrupt disabled." whenever I try to run autoascend. Is there any way to fix this? I've already tried closing kolmafia and restarting it, but I still keep getting the same error.

Is there any way to fix this?

EDIT: Here's a copy of the log from the Graphical CLI screen, from when I tried to run autoascend :

Btw, not sure if it matters, but I'm running the script in Hardcore Standard.
entirely unrelated to the matter at hand but you have some good taste in games from the icons on your desktop :)