Auto-reconnect doesn't work with "closet put"

dj_d

If you let the connection go idle, then type "closet put 1 meat" at the command line, mafia will auto-reconnect to the server, but it will not put 1 meat in the closet. I have a script where this poses a big problem.

A bug fix would be one solution. Another (and also nice) would be a "reconnect" command that would do nothing if you already had a server connection - I could just put that at the front of my scripts to ensure I have a live connection. I suspect (but haven't isolated) there's other failures like this as well.

Much thanks for considering it!

Bale

Minion
auto-reconnect doesn't work with any command.

I know because sometimes I've gone idle without realizing it. I've returned to mafia, highlighted some items in my recently gained items window and clicked to put it in my mall. Mafia reconnects automatically, then wipes my windows clean of all information such as the items I got before my time-out. It does not put those items into the mall. I have to manually search through inventory for everything I might have gotten. :(

I agree that the behavior is bad. Any command that prompts a reconnect should be carried out after mafia connects.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think it would also be nice if reconnecting didn't start a new session. Mostly because I like being able to track how much main stat I gain in a day while in aftercore, and having all of that cleared because I walked away for 20 minutes is always slightly disappointing.