Feature - Implemented Allow skipping of selected items without canceling request entirely

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In the Item Manager, you can select multiple items and press a button to do the same thing to each item: Autosell, Pulverize, Place in Mall, whatever. You have 4 radio buttons available to control how many of each item to manipulate. Three of them - all, all but usable, and one - unambiguously specify how many of the item to use. The other button - multiple - prompts you for each item to find out how many to use. If you only have one of an item, it is unambiguous, but for any item that you have more than one of, you can specify the number you want to use and hit OK, or can hit Cancel.

If you hit Cancel, KoLmafia concludes that you want to abort the whole set of actions; it stops prompting and does nothing.
If you type in 0, KoLmafia treats it exactly like Cancel.

I think that if you change the quantity of an item to 0, KoLmafia should remove that item from the list of items to manipulate, but not cancel the whole action; it should prompt for remaining items, and apply the action to all that you decided to keep. 0 should mean "I changed my mind on this item, but want to keep going with the other items."

If we do that, then perhaps KoLmafia should prompt you even for items with quantity one, to allow you to bail on those items, as well, without canceling everything else. Perhaps it should only do that if you are considering multiple items; having "multiple" selected, if you choose a single item of which you only have one, it should operate on it without confirmation, as now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I typically leave the radio button at Multiple. I suspect that is a habit remaining from a time when the buttons were sticky and I set it to All, thought it was Multiple and ended up doing something I did not want to do.

Thus, I frequently highlight every item in the window, select an action and get prompted for the cases where I have more than one, but not when I just have one. Effectively I am using the behavior to implement "at least one of each and possibly more". So if there was a prompt for one item when multiple was selected, I would have to change the way I do things (and we know that would not be A Good Thing ;-) ) I have, however, wished that, when prompted for multiple and wanting zero because I made a mistake, the rest of the list/selections would continue to be processed.

So I consider everything but the last paragraph a good idea for me and would adjust if the last paragraph were implemented.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10390 allows us to distinguish between typing a 0 and pressing the Cancel button. Only the latter will abort the operation; the former will remove the "mistaken" item from the list of items being processed.

I still think you could be "mistaken" about something that you only have one of, which currently doesn't prompt you for quantity, thus making it impossible for you to change it to 0 and correct the mistake, but, maybe that will become a new Feature Request. :)