Feature Add proxy record field for Effect.modifier

Bale

Minion
Also also, there are several maps matching effects to their enchantment(s) (i.e. Oleaginous Soles => +40% Combat Initiative), which may or may not already be in the "note" field for skills, not sure on that one.

No. The "note" field for effects tell you how to get the effect - and the "all" field breaks multiple methods into a map.

To go from effect to modifier(s) is something else different - which we COULD calculate. Make a feature request if you want...

It would be very nice to have a field that tells us the affect of an effect.

$effect[Oleaginous Soles].modifier => +40% Combat Initiative​

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
So it is. Good point.

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> ash string_modifier("Oleaginous Soles", "Modifiers");[/COLOR]

Returned: Initiative: +40

zarqon, does that fulfill your needs?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am not averse to having proxy fields even if there is already an ASH runtime function with the info.
But I'd like to know if zarqon noticed this ...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
> ash string_modifier( $effect[ cold hearted ], "Modifiers" )

Returned: Moxie: [min(T,20)], Familiar Weight: [ceil(min(T,20)/2)]
I recently noticed that "Modifiers" returns what is in modifiers.txt, which includes formulas. For items with hardcoded overrides (Tuesday's ruby and Operation Patriot Shield, for example), that is almost certainly not a full set of modifiers. For things with formulas, you'd need to split out the individual modifiers and call modifier_eval on each one in order to see what the current value of a given modifier is.

I think we need a function to get the fully expanded, formula calculated, version of "Modifiers" for the item/effect/whatever as it is right now for this character.