Feature - Implemented Add a "No Tome Summon" option to the food/drink manager

josmul123

KoLmafia is probably the only reason I still play KoL religiously. That said, I have a feature request that I'd appreciate some consideration for. I did some searching, but I wasn't able to find anyone else with this request. Granted I didn't look very hard, so please merge if this turns out to be a duplicate request.

With the new Tome of Clip Art, there's a whole bunch of new stuff that can be summoned only 3 times per day. The food and drink items from the tome are useful in specific situations, but generally aren't ascension-relevant. I'm running into issues now where I accidentally waste a tome summon almost like clockwork at the end of day 1 when I'm looking for a 2-full food to eat. Forgetting that the toasted brie is a clip art item, I always end up eating one. On this particular ascension, it stopped me from being able to use borrowed time to get day 1 liver. I only needed one more bus pass. :(

It would be AWESOME if there was a checkbox for "No tome summons" in the same way there is for "No create" to stop people from using up their summons if they're not thinking/aren't aware that selecting a food item will use up a tome summon.

Thanks!

josmul123

The problem with "no create" is that I often want to cook foods or mix cocktails. It's a rare occurrence that I want to use a tome summon for food or drink. The inability to separate the two (and the inability to tell whether an object is coming from a summon or not) is why I'm requesting that checkbox as a feature. It also seems kind of strange in general that you can't filter the tome food/drinks out in some way. Currently, the only way to get rid of tome summons from the list is to have 0-1MP.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
"no create" filter indeed filters them. Of course, it filters all creations which is probably undesirable.

I would very much be against this feature. I do -not- think we should clutter the interface with another filter every time something like this comes along.

What I would be in support of (as I've said elsewhere several times) is an update to item creation to understand "free" crafting to be crafting that does not take an adventure. Then, a "require free" filter makes complete sense, and tome summons could be lumped in with that. I'd also be okay with "require free" completely replacing "no create," though they don't fill exactly the same function.

Alternatively, I'd support adding more detail to the enqueuePanel to enumerate that the creation is using a tome summon.

josmul123

I do -not- think we should clutter the interface with another filter every time something like this comes along.

Is it not realistic to believe that in the future, there may be another tome that creates food/drink? I can't imagine that "something else" would come along as a new way of getting food/drink in the game often enough to justify a "do we clutter this every time it happens" argument, but I can imagine that it would be realistic that future tomes may create food/drink, possibly making this more of a future-relevant feature. Are there any other foods/drinks that are listed in the box that burn MP when you create them?

Alternatively, I'd support adding more detail to the enqueuePanel to enumerate that the creation is using a tome summon.
I support this regardless of whether the filter gets added. The simple act of being able to clearly see which foods burn tome summons when I create them would solve my problem.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Generally speaking most foods do not give an effect and so you can use the effect listing in the food description to mentally filter out which are summons and which are not :)
(not a perfect solution but it works for the moment...)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My current plan to filter those out of the list is to set tomeSummons = 3 and refresh my inventory (with a script/alias that would also save the current value). Hopefully someone can point me to a more server friendly method for updating the consumables list.

Rampancy

Can someone explain to me how this feature has been implemented? I'm using the latest daily build, and like the OP, having the Clipart items listed on food/etc is severely hampering my play. No-create is not an acceptable workaround.

Rampancy

This is the point where I imply that, being a Master of Observation, you guys must have just secretly added that option to my running program, because I couldn't possibly have missed it.