A little help

AminRa

I have tried to figure this problem out and apparently fail. What I am looking for is a script which checks the number of turns of Coated in Slime left and reacts accordingly. If it is below 5 advs I want it to use a chamois (which I know other people have already done) then equip a certain outfit. Then when it is greater than 5, I need it to equip a different outfit. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Or if there is already a similar script which I happened to miss, a point in the right direction would also be appreciated.

BTW: The part I seem to be having trouble with is changing outfits. Someone simply telling me how to do so would probably help tremendously.

Last edited:

AminRa

Thanks a lot for that. The betweenBattleScript thing helps, but it raises another question. Does this only trigger when there is a change in the # of advs remaining? So if I tatter out of a combat, the betweenBattleScript won't trigger? If this is the case, can you think of any way around this?

Edit: Nevermind. I found the very stupid mistake I was making. Thank you so much for the help. The script is working beautifully now.

Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
The betweenBattleScript is called in exactly the same cases as mood triggers: before each automated adventure attempt, and after each relay browser combat. Escaping from combat without expending a turn shouldn't prevent the script from being called again.

The exact order of operations, in case this is relevant: betweenBattleScript, mood management, HP recovery, excess MP burning, MP recovery.

AminRa

Thanks for the response. It is helpful to know for future reference the order of operations. It turned out I was just caught in a blind spot of my script and that is why it appeared to not be working.

StDoodle

Minion
The betweenBattleScript is called in exactly the same cases as mood triggers: before each automated adventure attempt, and after each relay browser combat.

For the life of me, I can't seem to get a betweenBattleScript to fire after each relay browser combat. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? (So far I've tried checking "Run moods during manual adventuring" but that doesn't seem to help.)

Winterbay

For the life of me, I can't seem to get a betweenBattleScript to fire after each relay browser combat. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? (So far I've tried checking "Run moods during manual adventuring" but that doesn't seem to help.)

Mine also doesn't as evidenced by the fact that BBB doesn't change the MCD-device while relay-adventuring, something it does between every adventure while fully automated.
So, tips are welcome :)

Bale

Minion
A betweenBattleScript will never happen during relay browser use. It will only fire when doing automatic advenuring. :(

I get around that by putting anything that I'd want in a betweenBattleScript and making a script to put into my mood. You can do anything you'd want in a BBB, except for changing equipment.

StDoodle

Minion
Ah, ok, I guess I was confused by the quote from jasonharper...

Also, you could get equipment changes to stick by having the scripted actions in your mood change your equipment and save the outfit as "Backup" via visit_url(), couldn't you? ;)

Fluxxdog

Ah, ok, I guess I was confused by the quote from jasonharper...

Also, you could get equipment changes to stick by having the scripted actions in your mood change your equipment and save the outfit as "Backup" via visit_url(), couldn't you? ;)
OK, you got my attention. Considering I can't get equipment changes in a bBS to stick when it's done adventuring, I'd like an idea how to make it stick.

StDoodle

Minion
What you'd need to do is include in your mood a call to a script that first equipped all of the gear that you wanted to wear when the script was done, then use the following line:
Code:
visit_url("inv_equip.php?which=2&action=customoutfit&outfitname=Backup&pwd");
Note that I'm assuming mafia saves your Backup outfit and does auto-equipping before it actually does anything in the mood itself. If not, this won't help. Also, be aware that this could totally break gear-switching for buff casting, depending on order of operations.

Bale

Minion
LoL! StDoodle, that's hysterical! You're tricking mafia into doing your bidding while pretending that you're letting it have its own way. :)