New Content - Implemented A-boo clues changed

Fluxxdog

Trigger Warning: A-Boo Clues now have to be used in order to trigger their encounters.
Clues now have to be used to get the special adventures. Having a "Use another clue" link would be fabulous as well as a "Go to A-boo Peak" when using it from inventory.

Lilac

[a-boo peak] link when using an A-boo clue

I love Mafia's little [bracketed helper links] after certain adventures or when using certain items. Could we get an [a-boo peak] link in the use text for A-boo clues?

Bale

Minion
Oh my, this would be super nice. It's lacking one detail though: At the end of the "The Horror..." noncombat, please add a link to "use another A-boo Clue"

That would make it perfect.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The first part of this request should be straightforward. I need to test it tomorrow to make sure I'm matching the right HTML, but the code is already written in UseItemDecorator (along with visiting The Black Market after using the map).

I'm not sure where to start with adding a link to use another clue.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
12136 adds those links after using items. It feels like UseItemDecorator could be refactored somehow, with all of that repeated code, but I couldn't see a good way to do it.

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure where to start with adding a link to use another clue.

I can't figure out anything short of matching text from 50 different possible endings, so I'll mark this thread implemented.

If anyone has a better idea than that, please speak up.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Getting beaten up:
Code:
That's all the horror you can take.  You flee the scene.

Fleeing:
Code:
You've had enough of this horror.  You turn tail and run.

(note the English spacing; I pulled the text from the HTML in the relay browser, so it may be less than reliable)

Success... is less straightforward. I mean, you can match one of 10 endings, or you could check that you took 250 cold+spooky damage, modified by elemental resistance (and that you're on choice.php --- the only other source of simultaneous spooky + cold damage to the character as far as I can remember is in the basement). I'm not actually sure which is more useful.

Would that do the trick?