Character Info Toolbox

That said, this line needs a tweak if you actually want "clan.display = off" to be respected

Code:
if(vars["chit.clan.display"] == "on" || vars["chit.clan.display"] == "true" || (vars["chit.clan.home"] == "away" || get_clan_name() != vars["chit.clan.home"])) {

The final || needs to be an && or the clan display will always be shown when away from home.

Bale

Minion
When you adventure as BatManilow, your charpane changes the same way it does with Spelunky. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened after the BatMag came out.

I tested this. Just as I expected, ChIT has no problem leaving the charpane undecorated. Problems = none.

I'll have to decide later if there is anything I want to add to decorate the charpane. With Spelunky it was helpful to add information on non-combat scheduling and sidekick spoilers, but I think that Batfellow has enough spoilers in his charpane already.

Does anyone have suggestions for anything helpful ChIT could to do in batman mode?

Erich

I tested this. Just as I expected, ChIT has no problem leaving the charpane undecorated. Problems = none.

Yeah, my thought process was a little fragmented, so I apologize if my cognitive leap there wasn't more explicit; I should've done more quoting: if there was an api.php issue, like hee3 mentioned prior to my comment, and it was happening to hellno after using spelunky, then maybe that could've happened after BatMensch came out, because they both use similar charpane replacements.

I'll have to decide later if there is anything I want to add to decorate the charpane. With Spelunky it was helpful to add information on non-combat scheduling and sidekick spoilers, but I think that Batfellow has enough spoilers in his charpane already.

Does anyone have suggestions for anything helpful ChIT could to do in batman mode?

Only thing I would suggest is an adventure again link. If for whatever reason you don't do it via the fight page, you have to click through a few containers via the main map on the BatTopmenu.

Just wondering, is there a way to edit the suggested semi-rares when your SR number comes up? As nice as it probably used to be, getting that Bad ASCII Art doesn't really seem so appealing these days. Certainly not as appealing as 50 turns of Fishy or a fight against a full-length mirror might be.

Bale

Minion
No such way without editing the script. If I was to make it user configurable it would be difficult and require a small manual to explain how that one feature worked.

I'll remove Bad ASCII Art since that is pretty irrelevant these days. I'll consider adding the other two for aftercore. This will happen much later when I have plenty of time since it is low priority.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It looks like get_clan_name() != vars["chit.clan.home"] results in your clan name being displayed regardless of chit.clan.display.

Erich

Another typo, from what I can tell (r347). You have the fighters guild and the mages guild switched, so TTs and SCs are trying to get into guild.php?guild=m, and PMs and Ss are trying to get into guild.php?guild=f. This is also the case with topmenu.ash (r109).

Bale

Minion
Since the original six classes's guild were determined by a different logic than the other eight I decided it was time to update them for efficient processing. Apparently I mixed up two guilds in the process. I'm glad you noticed that. Thank you.

I'll update topmenu tonight.

Ethelred

As of the last two updates of CHIT, my fortune cookie counter highlighting has been intermittent. I haven't been able to see any pattern to it. Sometimes it's highlighted and sometimes it's not. This is happening on multiple characters on 2 different computers. It's still quite possible I've munged some setting somewhere, but haven't a clue as to what it could be or where. Is anybody else seeing this problem? Or have any suggestions on what to look for as the source of the problem?

In case it matters:

Java: java version "1.7.0_55"
Browser: Firefox 26.0 (Yeah, I know it's ancient).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I figured out what could have caused that in r348 and fixed it in r350. I added a small efficiency improvement, but missed something significant. It's obscure.

Let me know how that works out, either apparent success or failure. Since it is intermittent it may take a few days to tell me it worked, but I hope I'd hear about failure quickly.

Last edited:
an2POh7.png
>6 snowglobes remaining
That doesn't seem correct.

It's only in the switcher hovertext, though; when the Elf is my current familiar the charpane correctly reports 0/1 snowglobes dropped and 0/5 free combats won.

Bale

Minion
Oh my. That's an amusing bug!

I'm gonna take some time to think about what I should do about that since I want to make a properly general case and it is easy to live with.

ereinion

For a while now, there's been some overlap between the roof and floor in chit, making the bottommost effect in the roof unclickable. I assume it shouldn't be too hard to fix, as it worked fine earlier.

pxMS8v8.png
chit-settings:
Code:
zlib chit.character.avatar = true
zlib chit.character.customtitle = true
zlib      chit.character.title = true
zlib chit.checkversion = true
zlib      chit.clan.display = off
zlib chit.clan.home =
zlib chit.disable =      false
zlib chit.effects.classicons = none
zlib chit.effects.describe      = false
zlib chit.effects.layout = buffs,intrinsics
zlib      chit.effects.modicons = false
zlib chit.effects.showicons = true
zlib      chit.effects.usermap = false
zlib chit.effects.wrapCookie = false
zlib      chit.familiar.anti-gollywog = true
zlib chit.familiar.hats = spangly      sombrero,sugar chapeau
zlib chit.familiar.pants = spangly mariachi pants
zlib      chit.familiar.protect = false
zlib chit.familiar.showlock = false
zlib      chit.familiar.weapons = time sword
zlib chit.floor.layout = toolbar
zlib      chit.gear.favorites = stinky cheese eye,hobo code binder,buddy bjorn,The      Crown of Ed the Undying,crumpled felt fedora,Pantsgiving,Meat Tenderizer      is Murder,Ouija Board, Ouija Board,Hand that Rocks the      Ladle,Saucepanic,Frankly Mr. Shank,Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion,Work      is a Four Letter Sword,Staff of the Headmaster's Victuals,Sheila Take a      Crossbow,A Light that Never Goes Out,Half a Purse,Hairpiece on      Fire,Vicar's Tutu,Hand in Glove
zlib chit.gear.layout = default
zlib      chit.gear.pull = favorites
zlib chit.gear.recommend = in-run
zlib      chit.helpers.dancecard = true
zlib chit.helpers.semirare = true
zlib      chit.helpers.spookyraven = true
zlib chit.helpers.wormwood =      stats,spleen
zlib chit.helpers.xiblaxian = true
zlib      chit.kol.coolimages = true
zlib chit.quests.hide = false
zlib      chit.recommendgear = in-run
zlib chit.roof.layout =      character,stats,familiar,effects,thrall,gear
zlib chit.stats.layout =      muscle,myst,moxie|spleen,stomach,liver|hp,mp,axel|mcd
zlib      chit.stats.showbars = true
zlib chit.toolbar.layout =      quests,trail,helpers
zlib chit.toolbar.moods = bonus
zlib      chit.walls.layout =

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Bale - I have noticed that some of the Chit code is now in separate files. How do you feel about separating the tracker brick stuff out into a separate ash file and <import>ing it? It would make it easier to update and find for me - because charpane.ash is now so huge.

Bale

Minion
I don't hate the idea and there are some advantages. Make sure you put the file in the /relay directory. (I guess I don't have to mention that?) Don't add any variables to the new file at the global level because I want all those to be in the main program to avoid possible complications. We also have to establish the naming convention with this file in case this is done for other parts of the program... since it is so bloody huge.

Calll the file chit_brickTracker.ash

I put brick in front of tracker in case I decide to separate out some other bricks I work on. That will be tidier.

Last edited: