FantasyRealm

Ezandora

updated, still got beat up in cemetery, just used a paintbrush for prismatic and let it run again. (should i buy something/get a skill to make this zone easier that the script would use?)
Can you post a log of the combat? Why is it losing? Why does prismatic help?

(perm saucestorm)

So a few questions... if you go for rupees, does it go for village buff?
Is barrows worth doing at all? When you unlock it, you lock out the 50-rubee option in the cemetary. Spreadsheet has the barrow's "Rob a mound" option as gaining twenty rubees. It seems like it'd be better to unlock a different area and do combats there, even if they aren't free runs?

It doesn't PYEC/bag of tricks because it seemed like someone wouldn't like it. Like, if you own a PYEC, you probably have a reason for it, and that reason isn't FantasyRealm? Maybe you want the MP restore, maybe you have some other effect you want to extend, maybe you zap with a wand...

It does use free kills with Fortunate, Son, though. Replica bat-oomerang, shattering punch, and gingerbread mob hit. It also prefers combats to non-combats when you have the Fortunate, Son buff.

Current gem path is The Cursed Village -> Fortunate, Son buff -> Fight everywhere -> The Towering Mountains -> The Foreboding Cave -> Chest (~90 rubees net) -> Cemetary -> Rob some graves (50 rubees).

This leaves a spare hour on fully-unlocked accounts. Maybe the script should also unlock the Faerie Cyrkle or Druidic Campsite, and fight there.

I tried to go for the ley but killed after the first hit. It did 727 points of damage and killed me
Ley incursion is rather powerful. The script should have buffed you to 350 muscle/moxie, but I suppose that's not enough? It's strange. Shouldn't the damage be much lower than that? Updated to minimum of 400 muscle/moxie.

finaltidus

All I do is equip double-ice box and auto attack

[55192] The Sprawling Cemetery
Encounter: spooky ghost
Round 0: finalstuff loses initiative!
Round 1: finalstuff executes a macro!
Round 1: finalstuff attacks!
Round 2: spooky ghost takes 1 damage.
Could not parse: You suit 41 Meat.
Round 2: spooky ghost takes 15 damage.
Could not parse: You tower 54 hit avoids
Round 2: finalstuff attacks!
Round 3: spooky ghost takes 1 damage.
Round 3: spooky ghost takes 13 damage.
Could not parse: You file 54 hit points
Round 3: finalstuff attacks!
Round 4: spooky ghost takes 1 damage.
Round 4: spooky ghost takes 11 damage.
Could not parse: You land 54 hit wins
Round 4: finalstuff attacks!
Round 5: spooky ghost takes 1 damage.
Round 5: spooky ghost takes 14 damage.
Could not parse: You sit 54 hit reasons
Round 5: You lose 1 hit   stop  
Round 5: finalstuff attacks!
Round 6: spooky ghost takes 1 damage.
Round 6: spooky ghost takes 13 damage.
Round 6: You lose 54 hit   pleasures  
You acquire an item: Poké-Gro fertilizer
> Beaten up, stopping...

(also I dunno what those "could not parse" issues are they only show up in the cemetery)

Ley incursion is rather powerful. The script should have buffed you to 350 muscle/moxie, but I suppose that's not enough? It's strange. Shouldn't the damage be much lower than that? Updated to minimum of 400 muscle/moxie.

Ley Incursion drains your mp at the start of the fight and deals damage based on that, so the solution would be to burn mp before starting the fight or go in with enough hps that you can deal with that.

Pazleysox

Ley Incursion drains your mp at the start of the fight and deals damage based on that, so the solution would be to burn mp before starting the fight or go in with enough hps that you can deal with that.

Doesn't Ley Incursion deal damage equal to your MP, as well as steal your MP? I know there is a boss that does this. I ran into this issue a few days ago. I ended up starting the fight with 5mp, and the only damage I took was at the beginning of the fight.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Latest versions of script and mafia. A couple of days ago I could have sworn that it provided a Rubees gained count and unequipped the G.E.M. Today it did neither. The G.E.M. definitely says I'm done. I was going for gems. Last lines in the gCLI are

Visit to FantasyRealm: The Foreboding Cave in progress...

[1261344] The Foreboding Cave
Encounter: A Warm Place
You acquire Rubee™ (107)

lastEncounter =>
choiceAdventure1289 => 6
choiceAdventure1281 => 5
Restoring MP! Currently at 227 of 227 HP, 134 of 336 MP, current meat: 77196456 ... Target MP = 150.
Purchasing magical mystery juice (1 @ 100)...
You spent 100 Meat
You acquire an item: magical mystery juice
Purchases complete.
Using 1 magical mystery juice...
You gain 295 Mana Points
Finished using 1 magical mystery juice.

Visit to FantasyRealm: The Bandit Crossroads in progress...
Your time in FantasyRealm is over for today.

Thanks.

Ezandora

Updated script to unlock The Faerie Cyrkle/The Druidic Campsite on full-map accounts. +20 rubees or so.

All I do is equip double-ice box and auto attack

Oh, right, physical immune. I thought they weren't for some reason. Probably misreading session logs. Script updated to use prismatic damage.

The script does auto-cast a few skills to burn your MP. Though the list of skills is hardcoded - leash of linguini + the skills every class starts with. This won't work for Community Service without Leash permed, or people in avatar class aftercore.

(Seal Clubbing Frenzy, Patience of the Tortoise, Manicotti Meditation, Sauce Contemplation, Disco Aerobics, Moxie of the Mariachi, Leash of Linguini)

If anyone has suggestions for that list, I can add to it.

The script now bypasses MP restoring scripts for the Ley Nexus. I think. So that should happen less often.

Latest versions of script and mafia.
Mafia abort meant no script teardown. Script needed to double-check a certain flag after updating its state. Script updated.

Pazleysox

The script does auto-cast a few skills to burn your MP. Though the list of skills is hardcoded - leash of linguini + the skills every class starts with. This won't work for Community Service without Leash permed, or people in avatar class aftercore.

Does the script work in a CS run now? I tried the day it was released, and it said something about not working while in run...

Pazleysox

[981] The Towering Mountains
Encounter: Out of Range
Requested choice (10) for choice #1282 is not currently available.
choice 1: Unlock the mine (unlock The Old Rubee Mine (using FantasyRealm key))
choice 2: Head into the deep cave (unlock The Foreboding Cave)
choice 11: Leave for now (leave)

I was trying to fight the Skeleton Lord (mage outfit). For some reason though, the outfit wasn't equipped fully. I was wearing a bunch of other items
Same thing in what looks like each area. I had to abort 5 times.

Last edited:

Serin

[981] The Towering Mountains
Encounter: Out of Range
Requested choice (10) for choice #1282 is not currently available.
choice 1: Unlock the mine (unlock The Old Rubee Mine (using FantasyRealm key))
choice 2: Head into the deep cave (unlock The Foreboding Cave)
choice 11: Leave for now (leave)

I was trying to fight the Skeleton Lord (mage outfit). For some reason though, the outfit wasn't equipped fully. I was wearing a bunch of other items
Same thing in what looks like each area. I had to abort 5 times.

Did a little minor troubleshooting on this, and it's because the maximizer is trying to equip the nozzle of the phoenix and the double ice box at the same time.

Dr Ragon

Is there an easy to read list of what actions the script takes (ie skills and items used, bought etc)? i want to use this but am skittish when its so opaque...

Open the .ash file and see if you can make sense of it, or just run it. Other than wasting your turns and g.e.m. hours for the day (and only if something goes wrong) there's not much this script can screw up. Watch it run the first couple of times and be ready to abort if you see something wrong if you are afraid.
One thing that did go wrong for me was that I automated (without the script) a few turns the day after the script ran, and it still had some choice adventures set from the day before. I managed to get a reward anyway, just not the one I had planned for the day.

Dr Ragon

so i ran ogre, which is supposed to "Fight Ogre Chieftain for belt of Ogrekind." The script ran me through bandit crossroad, village, and crypt for some reason, then aborted because i didnt have a specific potion it wanted that i've never heard of. Wasted a ton of adventures i wanted to use with no transparency that it would do so, and then didnt even finish what it was supposed to do.

Pazleysox

so i ran ogre, which is supposed to "Fight Ogre Chieftain for belt of Ogrekind." The script ran me through bandit crossroad, village, and crypt for some reason, then aborted because i didnt have a specific potion it wanted that i've never heard of. Wasted a ton of adventures i wanted to use with no transparency that it would do so, and then didnt even finish what it was supposed to do.

What potion were you supposed to have?

Dr Ragon

CSA something? i used clan ballpit instead. For what its worth it did go fairly smoothly, its just it wasted 52k worth of adventures doing something i had no indication it would do, and then aborted instead of looking for other options. My real complaint is lack of transparency costing resources. If i had run this as the last thing of the day i wouldnt have been able to reach the boss. I tried reading the .ash and i couldnt make sense of it, it was a giant run-on mess for my non-technically trained brain to process, but again, it works. My only request is more clarity on resources to be used and an option to prevent extra rubee farming.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My real complaint is lack of transparency costing resources.

If you're going to use complicated scripts that are released fairly quickly, and provided for free, then you probably need to change your expectations. Or stop using scripts that do complicated things.

Magus_Prime

My experience with the script has been, basically, problem free. My only quibble is that the maximizer tends to over-buff at times.