ckb Standard Ascension

Yes, change this:

Code:
eat(1, $item[spaghetti breakfast])
to this:
Code:
if (available_amount($item[spaghetti breakfast])>0) { eat(1, $item[spaghetti breakfast]); }

You'll need to do it twice for SCstd and thrice for HCStd, and unless you edit in something else, remember to fill up (to make use of your leftover milk turn)

Also, a small request/suggestion-
TryCalc51() uses have_outfit(). But have_outfit() checks (in addition to having the items) if you meet stat requirements. Under current standard restrictions, and if you have all the toys the script was written to work with, it makes no difference. But future IotMs might change this, and it will benefit people who pull the outfit pieces (like myself, since I don't have the crimbo shrub. Notice a pattern?)

Magus_Prime

That change did the trick. Thank you! The script did an amazing job of automating day one of a SC Turtle Tamer run.

Three questions:

1. Why not cast Calculate the Universe when appropriate. At the end of the day it simply informs me that "Universe calculated: false"
2. At the end of the day there's a note "Don't forget to make last DNA". There were two tonics left for the day. Is that intended?
3. Would it make sense for the script to take care of the nightcap?

Last edited:
(I'm not the author of this script, my answers are based on reading the code and what I -assume- is the thought-process behind it)

1- in softcore it'll use calculate near the start of day2 to YR a frat warrior. That note is part of the "resources remaining report" at the end of the day, to allow you the option of using those unused resources manually.
2- that's just the script's error if not all 3 dna potions were made. It'll show the same messege whether 1,2 or 3 potions remain.
3- Dunno, but you can set it up yourself via a simple log-out script, even if you don't speak ASH.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
But have_outfit() checks (in addition to having the items) if you meet stat requirements.

I had not realized this (and most of the time if did not matter), but I changed some bits to check for individual outfit pieces when appropriate.

I also added usage of the Bass Clarinet for -combat

1. Why not cast Calculate the Universe when appropriate. At the end of the day it simply informs me that "Universe calculated: false"
2. At the end of the day there's a note "Don't forget to make last DNA". There were two tonics left for the day. Is that intended?
3. Would it make sense for the script to take care of the nightcap?

1. You cannot always Calculate the Universe with the numberology that you want. It depends on turns and spleen and such. the script tries, but will let you know if it has not yet succeeded.

2. The script tries to make all DNAs, but if you happen not to encounter the right phylums at the right times, you may have some uses left.

3. It could nightcap... but I choose not too in case there is some end-of-day stuff you want to do outside the script (so its nice to not be overdrunk). and nightcapping is easy.

Lastly, these changes have been (partially) propagated to the HC script as well, but untested as I am currently running through a SC loop.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

I'm learning some interesting things about order of approach for finishing certain portions of quests. At the end of day two of a SC turtle tamer run I have a few more observations / questions / suggestions. :)

Finished day two with a turn-count of 456 at level 12 with
  • The pyramid complete but Ed unfought
  • The Island War unfought but four side-quests complete (Arena, Lighthouse, Filthworms, and Nuns)
  • Still need the Wand of Nagamar and a Digital Key for the tower

I ran out of adventures while exploring the desert with seven liver remaining. I drank booze manually and continued.

I was unlucky enough to get Temporary Amnesia in the airship and a message flashed past that stated: "You've got Temporary Amnesia. That's bad, but only you can decide if you want to use an SGEEA or dip in the Hot Tub to cure it." That's true but perhaps a script variable to control that would help. In most cases I'm going to pick the hottub. SGEEAs are the only thing that can remove an active olfaction and they are in short supply.

Even with Temporary Amnesia the script continued until it hit a combat and the CCS couldn't handle the fact that no combat skills were available. I was able to complete the combat with "attack with weapon".

Would you be willing to entertain the idea that the consult script called by the CCS be made "Amnesia aware" and respond appropriately?

At the A Sietch in Time non-combat (choiceAdventure805 = 1) that isn't handled by KoLmafia and the script aborts. I set the choice manually so it won't be a problem going forward but it might make a good addition to the script to make sure that it is set.

I finished the day with unused mainstat experience boosting consumables in inventory (Squat-Thrust magazine and an old eyebrow pencil). I think it would be helpful if the script would automatically use such items as they are acquired.

Thank you for this script! I've never cared about "being optimal" but even after ten years of this game I'm still learning things.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
[*]The pyramid complete but Ed unfought
I often kill Ed after Wisniewski.

At the A Sietch in Time non-combat (choiceAdventure805 = 1) that isn't handled by KoLmafia and the script aborts. I set the choice manually so it won't be a problem going forward but it might make a good addition to the script to make sure that it is set.
This same choice is used for handing stuff to Gnasir, so you might be in for some unexpected surprises with that set. I actually set that yesterday, and quickly unset it.

Optimization suggestion:
At Barrrney's Barrr, it is better to go for only 6 insults.
Source: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/User:Lilac/QuestData#Barrrney.27s_Barrr

For research purposes, some notes from my edited version that allows use with less toys.

Ran three softcore seal clubber runs. 563, 516 and 555 turns, sadly all were three days. :(
It seems my main issues are turngen (mostly from fist turkey?), no standard YR and no calculate the universe.
In the two longer runs, I spent over 40 turns in twin peak: the script doesn't check for stench res (assumes both stench resist passives, but I lack olfactory burnout. Should've paid more attention, though it is an easy fix to check and at worst-abort if you lack the resists.)

My divergences-
* I pulled the frat warrior outfit with the last 3 pulls. On the 3/516 run, a mojo filter might've (very unlikely) salvaged this into a 2-day, but I had no more pulls.
* after eat/drinking what the script suggested, I filled up on whatever I ha
* With no snojo, I used the ol' classic of hyberdizing a wierd from spring break beach. Finished the runs somewhat overleveled, so I might hyberdize something else next run- maybe fish from the yacht? Will cost more turns.

Toys I am missing:

skills:
calculate the universe (arrrrgh! is this ever coming back?),
song of slowness(marginal @ alcove),
charter prismatic dmg (I don't see this is actually used anywhere...? But I could manually towerkill and save a couple of turns on the boning knife),
spaghetti breakfast (a little turngen),
grab a cold one (no impact in SC)
Olfactory burnout (undocumented requirement, made a huge diffrence but only because I wasn't paying attention like I should have)

fams:
grimstone golem (no -com, next run will be better thanks to CKB using the bass clarinet for -com),
grim brother (marginal +com),
puckman (2ed argh! why didn't I get this when it wasn't so expensive?!),
fist turkey- (big difference with turngen. Not too expensive, seriously consider getting this for next runs)
grill- (It's a great familiar I'm missing, but so far I wasn't lacking in stats)
rockin robin (not a big deal?) ,
crimbo shrub (3ed argh!! But I'm guessing they'll release a new YR soon),

other:
XI thingy (no impact in SC?)
snojo (turngen from iced plum, makes me hyberdize something else),
volcano charter (no longer used?),
tea tree (no impact)

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Finished day two with a turn-count of 456 at level 12 with
  • The pyramid complete but Ed unfought
  • The Island War unfought but four side-quests complete (Arena, Lighthouse, Filthworms, and Nuns)
  • Still need the Wand of Nagamar and a Digital Key for the tower
The script fights Ed after the pyramid... tho sometimes it is good to keep him active if you need more ML for flyering. It would have finished him if you had more adventures.
I start the war ASAP to get flyers going. This completes before we need to start fighting the war. I do the Filthworks and Nuns and Pyramid and Highlands when I am buffed out for +item and +meat.
Wand of Nagamar comes from a clover at the end. The digital key should be mostly complete from 2x Clarinet + 1 digital KLP. I will farm the missing pixel or two if needed.

I ran out of adventures while exploring the desert with seven liver remaining. I drank booze manually and continued.
Not sure why you were not as fast, but missing some items / skills / fams will likely do that. The timing of the script is pretty tight to be efficient for 2-day SC.

I was unlucky enough to get Temporary Amnesia in the airship
Ugh. I hate Temporary Amnesia. It does not happen often, and the script will abort when it fails a skill, so it is easy to just hit the hottub and restart the script. It is probably not worth trying to script around this (for me).

At the A Sietch in Time non-combat
This NC is weird. The script should be able to work around it. If the script aborts and you do some things manually, restarting the script (outside of that NC) should work.

I finished the day with unused mainstat experience boosting consumables in inventory (Squat-Thrust magazine and an old eyebrow pencil).
In my experience, by the time you get these items, you do not need them for stats. Again, your experience may vary without some items / skills / fams.

Optimization suggestion:
At Barrrney's Barrr, it is better to go for only 6 insults.
Yea, maybe. But I have been massively hosed by 6 insults too often, so I go for 7.

Optimization suggestion:
Ran three softcore seal clubber runs. 563, 516 and 555 turns, sadly all were three days. :(
It seems my main issues are turngen (mostly from fist turkey?), no standard YR and no calculate the universe.
In the two longer runs, I spent over 40 turns in twin peak: the script doesn't check for stench res (assumes both stench resist passives, but I lack olfactory burnout. Should've paid more attention, though it is an easy fix to check and at worst-abort if you lack the resists.)

My divergences-
* I pulled the frat warrior outfit with the last 3 pulls. On the 3/516 run, a mojo filter might've (very unlikely) salvaged this into a 2-day, but I had no more pulls.
* after eat/drinking what the script suggested, I filled up on whatever I ha
* With no snojo, I used the ol' classic of hyberdizing a wierd from spring break beach. Finished the runs somewhat overleveled, so I might hyberdize something else next run- maybe fish from the yacht? Will cost more turns.
I wrote the script originally just see if I could automate startard runs to get the rewards. It was not intended to be shared. A lot of it is open loop because it was easier and did not matter when I already had the skills.

Optimization suggestion:
Toys I am missing:

skills:
calculate the universe (arrrrgh! is this ever coming back?),
song of slowness(marginal @ alcove),
charter prismatic dmg (I don't see this is actually used anywhere...? But I could manually towerkill and save a couple of turns on the boning knife),
spaghetti breakfast (a little turngen),
grab a cold one (no impact in SC)
Olfactory burnout (undocumented requirement, made a huge diffrence but only because I wasn't paying attention like I should have)

calculate the universe is not so important if you have a shrub for the YR... but having neither is going necessatate some pull changes.

Optimization suggestion:
fams:
grimstone golem (no -com, next run will be better thanks to CKB using the bass clarinet for -com),
grim brother (marginal +com),
puckman (2ed argh! why didn't I get this when it wasn't so expensive?!),
fist turkey- (big difference with turngen. Not too expensive, seriously consider getting this for next runs)
grill- (It's a great familiar I'm missing, but so far I wasn't lacking in stats)
rockin robin (not a big deal?) ,
crimbo shrub (3ed argh!! But I'm guessing they'll release a new YR soon),

The puckman, shrub, and fist turkey are all leaned on pretty heavily. Especially if you do HC runs.

Optimization suggestion:
other:
XI thingy (no impact in SC?)
snojo (turngen from iced plum, makes me hyberdize something else),
volcano charter (no longer used?),
tea tree (no impact)

For SC, the Xi receiver does not matter much. The volcano charter is no longer used (you could hybridize fish here if you wanted). The snojo gets plum win and the +item +moxie helm. The tea tree just grabs royal tea, because it is not necessary to succeed and it is still so profitable.

I wrote the script originally just see if I could automate startard runs to get the rewards. It was not intended to be shared. A lot of it is open loop because it was easier and did not matter when I already had the skills.

Oh, I totally get that, my post wasn't written as a feature(s) request, just sharing information for other users with less items.
I might actually score a 2-dayer this time, thanks to the lessons learned from the first three runs.

Magus_Prime

I tried to run ckb-SCstd.ash this morning and the only thing that happens is that the following prints in the gCLI:

Code:
> call F:\software\Kol\scripts\ckb-SCstd.ash

Conditions list cleared.
CCS set to ckb-custom
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.50
manaBurningThreshold => 0.50
manaBurningTrigger => 0.80

Looking at the script it doesn't seem set up to do anything after day two.

This is on day three of a SC Turtle Tamer run. I'm guessing that the only option is to finish the run manually.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
This is on day three of a SC Turtle Tamer run. I'm guessing that the only option is to finish the run manually.

Yes, the SC script is meant to complete in 2 days. If it is taking longer, you can change the DAY 2 line from

Code:
if (!can_interact() && my_daycount()==2) {
to
Code:
if (!can_interact() && my_daycount()>=2) {

Though it will likely try to do some weird things... (Use Free snojo / witchess / machine fights, Fight /copy more writing desks, eat and drink and slpeen)

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Though it will likely try to do some weird things... (Use Free snojo...

I would do most of those anyway. :D

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I had to make a few more changes:
1. If the Chasm Bridge is complete we don't care about Snow Boards
2. Don't try to pray to the Barrel God for something we already got
3. Pull a glass of Goat's Milk if we don't have any

After that it was, relatively, smooth sailing.

Question: The war is finished but after getting the wand and digital key the script stopped. Why is the section that handles the lair commented out?

Last edited:
I am happy to announce that I did, after all, score a 2-dayer. a sub-500, in fact.
This is after slight edits to the script due to me lacking some of the toys it requires, and doing a little manual "sequence-breaking" to make up for it when needed.
Kudos, ckb!

and now a small suggestion-

warcloset () should use "or" instead of "and" when in checks for having the war hippy outfit- maybe one of the pieces dropped when you were starting the war, but not all three. In this case, you do want to get the noncombat in the desert.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Question: The war is finished but after getting the wand and digital key the script stopped. Why is the section that handles the lair commented out?
It is not so much "commented out" as it is "unwritten"

warcloset () should use "or" instead of "and" when in checks for having the war hippy outfit- maybe one of the pieces dropped when you were starting the war, but not all three. In this case, you do want to get the noncombat in the desert.
Fixed.

And congrats on the 2-dayer!

Magus_Prime

I'm just started a SC Pastamancer run with the script and here's my feedback after day one (132 turns played and 119 turns banked):

• The script gave up when it tried to sniff a dirty old lihc but couldn't because On the Trail was still active for dairy goat. Played manually until the effect expired.
  • Against the pirates at +108 ML the CCS consistently gave up after losing most HP. In all cases I was able to finish the fight in the relay browser.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
  • The script gave up when it tried to sniff a dirty old lihc but couldn't because On the Trail was still active for dairy goat. Played manually until the effect expired.
  • Against the pirates at +108 ML the CCS consistently gave up after losing most HP. In all cases I was able to finish the fight in the relay browser.

The on the trail thing can happen if you get lucky and are progressing quicker than expected. Congratulations. This is probably a good thing.
I have also seen the issue of the CCS aborting vs. pirates. I may have to change something, but it is not too big of a deal to finish the fight manually. you can usually find a way to win.

Pazleysox

I'm running the script for the first time, and making sure I have all the necessary IOTM's was fun. lol

My biggest issue was day 1, having to rerun the script multiple times, it kept creating the clockwork maid everytime I ran the script. I know this should be an easy fix, but I'm not much of a scripter...

Magus_Prime

Day 2 as a SC Pastamancer

• The script stopped when it couldn't make it to level 11 (296 substat points short). Manually adventured in the Haunted Bathroom for six turns and resumed. Why not use adventure in the Oil Peak? At +100 ML it might have done the trick.
  • For some reason the script/KoLmafia aborted when it looked for, and received, the SR from the castle.

Code:
Request 2 of 22 (Manor0: The Haunted Wine Cellar) in progress...
Getting HCR Semi-Rare

Visit to Beanstalk: The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor) in progress...

[267] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)
Encounter: All The Rave
You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler

Conditions not satisfied after 1 adventure.
Fortune Cookie counter expired. Last semirare found 0 turns ago (on turn 267) in The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)

• The script aborted again after finishing the Hidden City. Not level 12 yet (1038 substats points short). Back to the Haunted Bathroom for fifteen turnss. Have both O'Rly manual and old rosewater cream in inventory. Using those earlier might have helped.
  • The CCS seems to have difficulty handling the "Toad in The Hole" effect during the war.
  • The CSS aborted after losing almost all HP -vs- The Big Wisniewski. He had 11 HP left and I was able to finish manually.

The script finished execution normally on day two with:
  • 500 turns spent
  • 7 turns, 3 pulls, and 7 spleen left

I was able to finish the run after 513 adventures with two adventures left.

Overall it was much better at handling a Pastamancer than a Turtle Tamer. On to a SC Sauceror. Thanks again!

Magus_Prime

Day 1 as a SC Sauceror:

• The CCS aborted after losing almost all HP to a dirty old lihc at +113 ML. I was able to finish the combat manually.
  • Same problem with the pirates as I encountered with the Pastamancer

Finished day 1 at level 9 with: 1 pull, 3 spleen, and 1 DNA syringe use and 2 tonic creations left
I pulled a basaltsamader buckler. I wonder whether the script will use it tomorrow to help with stat gain?

139 adventures played and 123 banked for tomorrow.