New Content - Implemented Feb 2018 IotM - Fortune Teller (Clan VIP room)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Maybe specifying "match" or "nomatch", or something similar to that, would work better than specifying all 3 inputs. That means assuming a response, which works if the assumption is that cheesefax will be the primary target.

Darzil

Developer
Maybe set up default questions and answers, defaulting to match cheesedax, and allow that default to be changed?

Crowther

I've set Easyfax to give the same replies as cheesefax and leave it up the requester to match that or not. This has been working so far.
Code:
import clanfortune.ash

void main()
{
    chat_private("Easyfax", "fortune");
    waitq(9);
    clanfortune_parse("clan,Easyfax,pizza,batman,thick");
}
But, I worry about the lack of synchronization when Easyfax gets busy.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I have a command written, ready to commit when sourceforge stops being broken. The syntax is "fortune buff <buff type>" or "fortune <clanmate name>", and all 3 words can be specified (trying to specify some number of words besides 0 or 3 results in an error, mostly because I assumed that would be the result of misunderstanding the syntax), otherwise preferences will be used, defaulting to pizza/batman/thick.

The main thing I got stuck at is parsing the page to see what you can still use. When the machine is used, the URL has whichchoice=1278 and it's easy enough to send that response to parseResponse. When simply visiting, it starts with clan_viplounge.php?preaction=lovetester and redirects to choice.php?forcechoice=0, and I'm probably forgetting some simple way of handling that.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Can we also have a _preference for usage? Currently I have to do a page hit to check if a fortune is available.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yes, two of those are added (for the buff and for clanmate consultations). That is the only reason parsing the page matters at all (the second paragraph in my previous post).

fxer

so the 'fortune <clanmate>' only creates new requests, it can't respond to existing ones? Say we know 'bob' always is going to 'fortune alice' on login, so as alice we can't reply to that with a 'fortune bob beer robin thin' or 'fortune reply bob beer robin thin' ?

Malibu Stacey

Code:
Unknown item found: Love Potion #61,131 (9745, 863678027)
--------------------
9745 Love Potion #XYZ 863678027 potion9.gif usable q 0
Item Love Potion #XYZ Effect: "Tainted Love Potion", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
You acquire an item: Love Potion #61,131

Acquired from the Love Mixology skill (which is learned from Love Potions and the Wizards who Mix Them).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That potion looks to have a randomized name (Love Potion #XYZ is the unrandomized name), and the effect has randomized modifiers.

Malibu Stacey

I have a command written, ready to commit when sourceforge stops being broken. The syntax is "fortune buff <buff type>" or "fortune <clanmate name>", and all 3 words can be specified (trying to specify some number of words besides 0 or 3 results in an error, mostly because I assumed that would be the result of misunderstanding the syntax), otherwise preferences will be used, defaulting to pizza/batman/thick.

What's the syntax for sending to clan mates with spaces in their names? help fortune just says playername.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It isn't possible currently. The only use of the command I really considered when writing it was sending 3 requests to cheesefax every day.

Donavin69

Paul's Passionate Pop Song (I haven't checked the other skills) isn't recognized by to_skill("Paul's Passionate Pop Song") yet. I've added this to HeartBot, once Mafia can recognize it the bot can buff you with it.

Malibu Stacey

Code:
Unknown item found: Love Potion #61,131 (9745, 863678027)
--------------------
--------------------
You acquire an item: Love Potion #61,131

Acquired from the Love Mixology skill (which is learned from Love Potions and the Wizards who Mix Them).

Still getting

Code:
--------------------
--------------------
You acquire an item: Love Potion #71,998

When casting Love Mixology with r18507.
Also the skill is once per day & would be appreciated if it was added to Breakfast.

Thanks.

Darzil

Developer
r18510 adds Fortune Teller preferences to relay browser (clanFortuneWord1 & 2 & 3 for challenge, clanFortuneReply1 & 2 & 3 for response).
r18514 adds Fortune to Maximizer.

Donavin69

Thank you for making Paul's Passionate Pop Song recognized in the fuzzy logic, but turns_per_cast() needs to be updated to see it as a song, it is reporting 0 turns_per_cast()
Code:
> ashq print(turns_per_cast(to_skill("Paul's Passionate Pop Song")))

Magus_Prime

With r18553:

After casting Love Mixology I got the following:

Code:
Unrecognized item found: Love Potion #94,420
You acquire an item: Love Potion #94,420

After casting Acquire Rhinestones I got the following:

Code:
rhinestone is multiusable, but KoLmafia thought it was not
You acquire rhinestone (35)

Lastly...I don't know what the page is called but, after you click on the gash in the relay browser, you get a summary page detailing the state of the character and the campground. In case you want to change something before you ascend.

That page doesn't recognize that: Acquire Rhinestones and Paul's Passionate Pop Song are marked as Hardcore Permanent when read.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r18555 should sort some of those. I'll need Love Mixology before I can start investigating the Love Potion check.

PeKaJe

Thank you for making Paul's Passionate Pop Song recognized in the fuzzy logic, but turns_per_cast() needs to be updated to see it as a song, it is reporting 0 turns_per_cast()
Code:
> ashq print(turns_per_cast(to_skill("Paul's Passionate Pop Song")))

This is still an issue, and it's causing buff balancing to be way off. Changing duration from 0 to 5 in in src/data/classskills.txt seems to fix this.