OCD Inventory control

VladYvhuce

This.

It's just because I personally did not want to risk getting rid of stuff before breaking the prism. If you want to comment that out it will be quite safe. Just make sure you don't have it set to mall stuff you'll want to help you ascend. Since you cannot mall quest items it cannot stop you from doing anything irreparable.
Soooo.... How does one "comment that out"? I don't speed-ascend and sometimes item farm for other people, and want to get rid of the truly junk items I tend to accumulate, without breaking the script. It was a bit of a pain in the butt to have gone through the whole list of stuff to keep or get rid of and then be told that I'd have to rescue the king before it would do what I want. Please forgive my ignorance, as I'm trying to learn about scripts and coding, with mixed results.

This should work:
Code:
void main() {
	//if(can_interact()) {
		int todaysFarming = ocd_control(true);
		if(todaysFarming < 0)
			vprint("OCD Control was unable to obssessively control your entire inventory.", -1);
		else if(todaysFarming == 0)
			vprint("Nothing to do. I foresee no additional meat in your future.", "olive", 3);
		else vprint("Anticipated monetary gain from inventory cleansing: "+rnum(todaysFarming)+" meat.", "green", 3);
	//} else vprint("Whoa! Don't run this until you break the prism!", -3);
}

I say 'should' because my script appears to no longer be edited, and I'm out of ronin so I can't test it.

Bale

Minion
Yeah, that.

If you want to be sure that the changes will be retained even after I update the script in the future, it's just a little bit more complicated than that.

1. Open the script's working copy in the project's /svn directory, and make your edits. Always make sure the project in /svn is the one with your changes.
    For this script, the correct file to edit is /svn/bale-ocd/scripts/OCD Inventory Control.ash

2. Use the command svn sync to push your modifications in the working copy to the local copy in the /scripts and /relay directory
    If you don't do that, you'll be running the version without your changes.

VladYvhuce

Many thanks. It's always good to know what I can change and how to do it, before I start mucking around with stuff that's a little over my head.

Lxndr

I have my OCD database set up to keep 100 of the New Age Healing Crystals and keep 1 New Age Hurting Crystal. However, it always empties my inventory of all of those, so I wind up having 0 of both.

Bale

Minion
How many of them do you have in your closet to keep them from being stolen in PvP? That's just a guess.

Lxndr

How many of them do you have in your closet to keep them from being stolen in PvP? That's just a guess.

Ah. Yes, they are somewhat mysteriously in my closet. I never closet things, I wonder what script thing I have closeted them.

VladYvhuce

Update: The modification does indeed work. I'm not in Ronin, but I haven't freed the king, either. It got rid of the crap I wanted it to, and kept the crap I still may want to use. :cool:

Last edited:

Lxndr

Some (hopefully) small features that I'd like to see:

1. A 'current inventory' tab, so I can review my settings for what I have on hand.
2. Something that'd indicate if the mall price that you show is actually the mall minimum. (By which I mean minimum possible price, not minimum in the mall).

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
1. Is an interesting idea. I'll consider adding that.

2. What kind of indicator do you have in mind? I've got no good UI idea for this. I'll only consider if I should add it once I have a clue what it might look like.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'll tell my red-green color blind friend that he probably does not want to update OCD Inventory Control.

As a visual indicator an additional 'column' that contains an "x" or "+" or "-" or some non-digit, non-whitespace character would be a reasonable way to indicate that the displayed price is also the mall minimum. IMO. YMMV.

ManageStore will look at the store and pull and autosell items that are in the store at the mall minimum and have a sales volume that is low compared to the number of items in the player's store. While the overall number of server hits is not reduced, I find the effect of letting OCD Inventory control doing what it does and then separately, and later, running ManageStore, has the effect of keeping the store manageable. (There was a prototype of ManageStore that updated the OCD data file to change mall sale to auto sell but that was deemds A Bad Idea. Nevertheless there is a file that could be merged into OCD is autosell is what is desired).

VladYvhuce

I could see a "-" for "minimum price" or "+" for "above minimum price" being not so confusing when looking at prices. Or at least, being easy enough to adjust to.

Bale

Minion
Perhaps I could put the price in parenthesis if it is mall minimum? Maybe replace the price with the letters "min" for minimum?

theo1001

I'd prefer it if you didn't entirely replace the price. I'd like to be able to tell whether min-priced means it sells for 100 meat or more.

Still i can't think of a good suggestion for an indicator. Most would require the user to know in advance what the indicator means.

Assuming i understand the problem this is trying to solve, would having "autosell min-priced items that are set to mallsell" either as a global setting or a per-item setting work?