OCD Inventory control

Bale

Minion
Doesn't tell me what the conflict is. How do I manually resolve such conflicts?

In addition to what fronobulax says, there's some helpful information at the bottom of this page.

If an update to a script changes it so severely that it cannot be merGed with your modifications, it will show "C" for Conflict and produce several files in the working copy to help you solve the problem:
  • myfile - will have some inline markup at the location of the conflict ( look for <<<<<< and >>>>> markup) showing you both what your text was and what the repo's text was.
  • myfile.mine - Your version before the update.
  • myfile.rOld - The pristine repo versions from before the update.
  • myfile.rNew - The pristine repo versions from after the update.

VladYvhuce

Good to know. I know where the modification was, because that was the only line I changed in the file. Is there a way around the "uninstall/reinstall the whole project" solution?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Good to know. I know where the modification was, because that was the only line I changed in the file. Is there a way around the "uninstall/reinstall the whole project" solution?

Yes, but the instructions "uninstall, reinstall, edit" were easier to write. If it is any consolation, that is how I resolve SVN conflicts with code I maintain professionally. Learning a better way to do it is not necessarily easier ;-)

Bale

Minion

edit relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash to remove the <<<>>>> stuff such that only one version of the line remains. then delete relay_OCD_dB_Manager.mine, relay_OCD_dB_Manager.r(x) and relay_OCD_dB_Manager.r(x+1)

VladYvhuce

Yes, but the instructions "uninstall, reinstall, edit" were easier to write. If it is any consolation, that is how I resolve SVN conflicts with code I maintain professionally. Learning a better way to do it is not necessarily easier ;-)
edit relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash to remove the <<<>>>> stuff such that only one version of the line remains. then delete relay_OCD_dB_Manager.mine, relay_OCD_dB_Manager.r(x) and relay_OCD_dB_Manager.r(x+1)
Good to know. I'll try not to break stuff in the first place, but it's nice to know my options if I happen to do so.

Lxndr

Any hopes in developing that "stuff on hand" tab? I've been away at a convention for the weekend, and I see that I'm probably the only person requesting such a thing.

VladYvhuce

I've noticed that the script(s) seem(s) to want to over-price about half of the stuff I decide to put in the mall. Usually there's only a 1k-10k price difference between what OCD DB Manager displays and what's the mall minimum, but sometimes it's much more. In one case, there was actually a 409k price discrepancy.

I hope I didn't manage to break something again... All I've touched are the line in the DB manager that displays "min" (changed to black sideways hat), and commented out the part about having to free the king, exactly as I was told to do.

Or, maybe someone's just managing to drastically undercut half the stuff I decide to sell while I'm deciding to sell it? I hope that's the case, because I really like the convenience of these scripts.

Lxndr

I think that's a function of mafia's mallprice, which often returns the fifth-cheapest price from the mall, or something like that. (Someone, please correct me if I'm recalling this incorrectly)

Theraze

Getting the lowest price involves putting it into the mall at max price and then running undercut to reprice your stuff. Otherwise, you're looking at 5th lowest as your best result.

Bale

Minion
You can stop hoping. I just committed my latest changes. I've added a tab for "Inventory Check" for that although I am honestly not sure if I did it in the best way. There are so many choices to make.

For instance, it won't show stuff in the closet unless mafia will auto-satisfy with closet and likewise for Hangk's storage if you are not in ronin. It will also only show items that were already categorized. I put it at the top level even though it might have been better as a sub-tab of edit simply because the edit level is already so crowded and I wasn't sure it belonged there.

Please let me know what you think.

Lxndr

Maybe I'm expecting wrong things out of the OCD Inventory Control script, but it doesn't seem to check my closet even though I don't have "never" checked on "empty closet first."

Isn't it supposed to go through all inventory, even the closet?

Bale

Minion
Maybe I'm expecting wrong things out of the OCD Inventory Control script, but it doesn't seem to check my closet even though I don't have "never" checked on "empty closet first."

Isn't it supposed to go through all inventory, even the closet?

It won't mall stuff that is in your closet. However, it will count stuff in your closet against the total number in your inventory, If that doesn't explain your circumstances, then please give an exact example. (How many in closet, how many in other inventory, is closet marked for auto-satisfy...)

Lxndr

Here's the circumstances:

Code:
[8829]replica bat-oomerang	DISP	1

Now in theory this should KEEP one bat-oomerang in my inventory and display any others.

But it left the one that was gifted to me today (and was subsequently put in hangk's, and when hangk's was emptied, was put in the closet), so I wound up with one in my inventory and one in my closet.

The expected behaviour (for me) was to just put the one in the closet into my display case. And keep the one in my inventory.

But now, I've ascended and there's 2 replica bat-oomerangs in Hangk's.

I'll admit, I have no idea what marking the closet as auto-satisfy is, or where to go to set it. but a prefref 'closet' tells me that autoSatisfyWithCloset is set to true but has a default of false.

I hope that helps.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Here's the circumstances:

Code:
[8829]replica bat-oomerang	DISP	1

Now in theory this should KEEP one bat-oomerang in my inventory and display any others.

But it left the one that was gifted to me today (and was subsequently put in hangk's, and when hangk's was emptied, was put in the closet), so I wound up with one in my inventory and one in my closet.

The expected behaviour (for me) was to just put the one in the closet into my display case. And keep the one in my inventory.

But now, I've ascended and there's 2 replica bat-oomerangs in Hangk's.

I'll admit, I have no idea what marking the closet as auto-satisfy is, or where to go to set it. but a prefref 'closet' tells me that autoSatisfyWithCloset is set to true but has a default of false.

I hope that helps.

Did you check that mafia knew where everything was? KoL has been timing out lately when emptying hagnk's, which leads to mafia not knowing what resulted. That might be handled in 17029 (but I won't be surprised if it isn't).

Lxndr

Did you check that mafia knew where everything was? KoL has been timing out lately when emptying hagnk's, which leads to mafia not knowing what resulted. That might be handled in 17029 (but I won't be surprised if it isn't).

I have no idea how to check this. I did try "refresh all" a few times. I can test it in a few days, when I'm out of my run.