Feature Set the attack of Batfellow monsters to the damage they deal

zarqon

Monster stats work differently when you are Batfellow. Effectively, neither the player nor the monsters have a defense stat, since all attacks always hit. Also, there is no attack stat, simply a damage amount.

Though Manuel reports Att/Def of 0 (or "??") for these monsters, I'd appreciate it if the attack stat could be made to give the attack damage of the monster. I have here compiled the attacks of said monsters.

• vicious plant creature: 4 (stench)
  • vine-controlled botanist: 3 (stench)
  • giant mosquito: 4
  • giant leech: 3
  • walking skeleton: 4 (spooky)
  • lovestruck goth dude: 4 (spooky)
  • Kudzu: 10 (stench)
  • Mansquito: 10
  • Miss Graves: 10 (spooky)
  • former inmate: 11 (spooky)
  • former guard: 3
  • liquid plumber: 9
  • plumber's helper: 9 (stench)
  • very [adjective] henchman: 9
  • very [adjective] henchwoman: 9
  • The Plumber: 20 (stench)
  • The Author: 20 (spooky)
  • The Mad Libber: 20
  • inquisitee: 15 (spooky)
  • trivia researcher: 15
  • serial arsonist: 15 (hot)
  • burner: 15 (hot)
  • time bandit: 11, unarmed: 3
  • clockwork man: 15
  • Doc Clock: 30
  • Mr. Burns: 30 (hot)
  • The Inquisitor: 30
  • Jokester: 30

Some tricky bits/notes for this feature request:

1. A few of the monsters with guns take multiple shots each round. The number I've listed is the amount of damage for a single shot, which will allow scripts that handle monsters with multiattack to use whatever framework they already have in place.
  2. I've included the element of the attack as well. I didn't check whether the monster elements are all already in line with their attacks, but regardless $monster[].attack_element should return the specified element.
  3. All six of the various mooks and criminals deal damage corresponding to the weapon wielded:
    • pipe: 5
    • knife: 7
    • pistol: 9
    • shotgun: 5
    • unarmed: 1
    The exception to the unarmed damage is the time bandit, who deals 3 damage if unarmed. Though you should ideally never let him hit you.

Thanks for considering this request!