Stop Now and other execution management

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
In my fantasy world, the Stop Now button will stop everything immediately. If there is a script running then it will be aborted. If there are commands queued then they will be flushed from the queue rather than executed. If there is anything that prevents mafia from displaying the "green" side panel state, that will be resolved.

This does not seem to be the case in the Real World. About 50% of the time I use the button the next script/command will be queued. The status may be gray, rather than green. Some scripts cannot be stopped this way although I think the script writer may be using a relay script to restart, which, if true, is not a mafia problem.

What is the expected/desired behavior? If there is consensus I'm inclined to look at this because the current behavior could be improved, IMO.

Related - should the button apply to relay scripts?

Related - sometimes I enter a command expecting it to be queued because something else is running, and it runs instead. The "something else" is usually a login script so I suspect the rules for queuing vs. immediate execution are not understood by m. What do we expect?

Thanks.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member

*snicker* Maybe I should take a trip into the weeds...

I Stopped Now. The script did stop. gCLI commands and other scripts did not queue. I could do what I expected in the relay browser. But the status was gray, not green, and all the options in KoLmafia's equipment manager were disabled. Other tabs may have been effected but that's the one that I wanted to use and couldn't.