Alice's card sleeve.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is there some kind of limit on the number than can be purchased from the Game Shoppe? I have purchased one (in the current run since the character does not ascend) and can't seem to buy another. Coinmasters shows it is available and I have enough credits. Relay browser does NOT show it is available and neither does it show up when logging into KoL directly. I can't find anything that says there is a limit, but it seems like there is. (And that blows up my "make meat with cards" strategy). If there is a limit then there is probably a FR that Coinmasters detect that it is not available and not offer it as an option.

xKiv

I am pretty sure the native limit is "one forever" (sort of like the hookah or hobopolis class instruments), but don't remember where I saw that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Considering that the item is tradable (and, in fact, there are several in the mall), that makes no sense at all.

xKiv

That's probably a kol-side bug then.
The only reason for this to by once-only buyable would be weridnesses from having more than one in inventory (put a card in one of them, now it's suddenly in both, then use both sleeves to get the card back twice? better to limit players to only one of those in inventory, that will prevent more problems than it will create! - that's the kind of thinking I expect from Jick ...)

I can also confirm that it disappeared from the shop once I bought it (right now).

... Maybe it's a thing to encourage player interaction for collectors?

ETA: aha!
the card sleeve talk page said:
When traded for at the wizard's shack it's no longer avilable to trade for, nor does sending it to another player or selling it make it avilable again. Is this a one time item or does it be come avliable again after accension?--Watermoon 18:09, 19 May 2011 (UTC)

(no reply)

Last edited:
The card sleeve can be bought once PER ascension. Odd, but personally verified.

Huh, I thought it was once per account, to prevent people from doing crazy things to obtain and use it in HC. There are so many ways to fix that, but I seem to remember them choosing to just making the card a one-time purchase.

When Valhalla got revamped they made store credit nonredeemable in HC/Ronin, rendering that explanation dead in its tracks, however.

However now I'm just curious as to how having two or more in your inventory works....

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would expect it to work the same way as having two Crowns of Thrones in your inventory, where you put one thing in it and that applies to all copies.