Bug - Fixed Modifier maximizer wants to put one weapon in mainhand/offhand simulaneously

Darzil

Developer
This might be two separate issues:
- maximizer should know how many of an item it will want, and acquire all of it (but I thought this was already fixed?)
- trying to equip a 1-handed weapon in offhand when the only source for that weapon is taking it from mainhand should probably stop even *before* the unequipping step. Somehow.

(ETA: r16122)
A question, was this in Ronin or outside it? It currently changes how it is handled.

Darzil

Developer
Basically, the bug goes something like this:

You ask maximizer to maximize (for example, Muscle as a Seal Clubber). It suggests creating / equipping 2 of the same weapon, since you have Double-Fisted Skull Smashing and can hold 2 1-handed weapons (say, a pair of Meat Tenderizers are Murder, since you have the ingredients on hand to make 2, your maximizer is set to suggest creating equipment if needed, and you do NOT have any on hand). It creates the 1st weapon and equips it. It then, for reasons I cannot fathom, tries to equip the weapon it just created in your off-hand slot instead of the main hand. This fails, since you can't hold a weapon in your off-hand without also having a main hand weapon; furthermore, the entire maximization execution gets aborted as well.

What SHOULD happen: Maximizer should go create BOTH weapons if it needs 2, then equip them.

Tested in KoLmafia r16228 (latest version as of this post).

Try r16230, which explicitly makes items when Maximizer thinks you should. (Previously allowed equip to acquire items, but that prefers removing them to creating them)

Darzil

Developer
Hopefully r16231 handles pulling items after Ronin / in aftercore by explicitly pulling items when Maximizer thinks you should.

xKiv

That meant nothing to me (I have a pull everything script that runs when I free the king).
I have a "pull everything that is pvp-safe or <=100 meat in the mall" script (it misuses a little-known feature of hagnk's tabs, which lets me pull thousands of items in only a couple of requests). Saucepanics and hands-that-rocks-the-ladles are not either of those.

Does r16231 work for you ?

I wll have to try when I break my current prism (which may be today, but I suspect RNG won't let me have a 3-day HC yet).

xKiv

Looks like it works for me (hard to test the original case with maximizing mp when I am not msyt class and saucepanics/handrockladles do nothing for me - but maximizing HP and pulling brimstone bludgeons seemed to work).