myLittleConsumer.ash - An Unwanted Alternative to EatDrink.ash

Theraze

EatDrink at least appears to consider crafted TPS drinks as just as valid as just having the TPS itself... not certain though, since I still haven't managed to shell out for the TPS yet.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
EatDrink at least appears to consider crafted TPS drinks as just as valid as just having the TPS itself... not certain though, since I still haven't managed to shell out for the TPS yet.

I am your TPS tester ;-)

For the record is there any reason to leave a skewered item in inventory. I can't think of one and so would wonder why it wasn't made into a drink and consumed. Indeed, the only reason I have a skewered anything in inventory is because the bartender blew up and ED didn't make finish making the drink.

Catch-22

For the record is there any reason to leave a skewered item in inventory.

I've ascended with a skewered item because I happened to have exactly 1 adventure left at the end of a run and no bartender. I skewered a lime with my last adventure and ascended. In my new run, I pulled the skewered lime and finished making the drink. I did all this manually, so consumption script behaviour had no impact, but at least there's a reason why I'd have a skewered item in my inventory.

Theraze

Premaking the drink when you're planning on overdrinking it without a bartender? No other great reason I can think of besides the one Catch-22 mentioned.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just curious. The character with the TPS is non-ascending which tends to put blinders on my thinking.

xKiv

For the record is there any reason to leave a skewered item in inventory?

Bartender blew up between skewering and making the final drink.

Also, when (generic) you say something like "having a $TPS_product in inventory is just as valid as having TPS", does that consider the "sunk cost" of having to consume a final product of the $TPS_product?
(i.e. if you have a skewered cherry, you have to drink a cherry bomb or sangria del diablo before you can drink, say, a vesper, even if the vesper would have higher score due to lined up stats ... unless you have another TPS)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Bartender blew up between skewering and making the final drink.

Indeed, the only reason I have a skewered anything in inventory is because the bartender blew up and ED didn't finish making the drink.

Since I just let ED select and make my TPSrinks, it oscillates between cherry bomb and sangria del diablo (or whatever the names are) and either one uses a skewered cherry so the hypothetical cost of having skewered "the wrong fruit" and having to drink to reacquire the TPS is zero in my case ;-)

me259259

Also, when (generic) you say something like "having a $TPS_product in inventory is just as valid as having TPS", does that consider the "sunk cost" of having to consume a final product of the $TPS_product?
(i.e. if you have a skewered cherry, you have to drink a cherry bomb or sangria del diablo before you can drink, say, a vesper, even if the vesper would have higher score due to lined up stats ... unless you have another TPS)

mLC doesn't focus on stat gains, it only focuses on getting the most adventures for the least meat. Thankfully, because calculating the cost of getting the wrong stat gains in a consumable, to be able to make something with the right stat gains, is not a fun task. mLC's job will be much simpler. The price to make a TPS drink (not including the adventure to make it, or the cost of using a bartender) is about 2,000 meat, making the Meat Per Adventure cost be about 90 MPA. That's one of the best MPA around, that isn't a crappy drink (Day-old beer has a great MPA ratio). At this time, it is worth drinking a slightly inferior TPS drink just to get the TPS back. However, this may not always be the case, and that's why the script isn't handling it just yet. Check back for an update in a few hours, or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Catch-22

At this time, it is worth drinking a slightly inferior TPS drink just to get the TPS back.

I do this quite often. In fact if I run out of the right fruit (such as a lime) it still works out better for me to drink a TPS drink for the wrong substat than it does for a lot of other drinks.

me259259

Ok, I have a solution. It's a little wonky, but I think it works (I don't have a TPS, so I can't test it though). Long-story short, it considers the Meat Per Adventure for the inferior TPS drink, and assumes that you spend the rest of your drunkenness drinking the better TPS drink.

If the average MPA of the inferior TPS drink and all those superior TPS drinks is better than if just it skipped the TPS drink, and moved on to the next best item... then it will drink the inferior TPS drink.

However, it will not pick an inferior TPS drink while overdrinking (unless the inferior TPS drink is the next best drink), and it will not pick an inferior TPS drink if you can't interact with other players.

The code is ready and syntax-error-free, but I want to look at it again with a full stomach before I release it.

Catch-22

When talking strictly in terms of MPA, what exactly is an inferior TPS drink? Don't they all give 22-26 adventures?

me259259

When talking strictly in terms of MPA, what exactly is an inferior TPS drink? Don't they all give 22-26 adventures?

They do, but the cost of making a TPS drink can differ. It really depends on the non-TPS ingredient in the final TPS drink (such as grog, or sangria). The higher the cost of ingredients, the higher the MPA. Whichever has the lowest MPA is the best drink. Anything with a higher MPA than the best drink is an "inferior" TPS drink. Yes, it might only be the difference of 10 MPA, but mLC strives to give you the smallest MPA cost, while giving you the most adventures as possible.

On a related note...

UPDATE:

If you own a Tiny Plastic Sword, but the TPS is currently skewering something, mLC will now recognize that you own a TPS. However, it will only do so if it's in your best interest.

Last edited:

me259259

UPDATE:

I have a bad habit of using key words in my for-loops. Mafia no longer lets us do this. Script fixed to not use key words in the for loops

me259259

UPDATE:

Update 1.3 - I live! Also, fixed bug that caused the script to do WAYYYYYYYY too many mall searches for food items

Last edited: