Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Default Re: One-Click Wossname 1.1 -- automatic level 12 quest completion

I have to think about that, it seems like there has got to be a better, cleaner way of doing that...

I started a run with it this afternoon.

So far I am VERY impressed.

/cheers

:-)

huh... it won't load the battleplan for me at all. It says "Error loading battle plan." I've tried deleting it and downloading it again, but same problem. (Using daily build 5449, btw).

[quote author=Relim link=topic=1395.msg6443#msg6443 date=1198721914]huh... it won't load the battleplan for me at all.[/quote]

Did you extract the zip or download separate files? The zip creates a subdirectory called "warplans", which contains the battleplans. The script looks there to load the battleplan, so if you just have the plan in the same directory as the script, it will give you that error. You can either change the code (line 123 in ver. 1.1) or create the warplans directory yourself and put the plan there.

(That's why I posted the script in a zip file.)
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Default Flare Gun Detection?

This one seems strange.

> call scripts\Wossname.ash

Checking for outfits...
    Go get a flaregun (from the pirates) before continuing.

> inv flare

flaregun (38)

So yeah, I have a flare gun.

This is on a 'toon that hasn't started the war yet.

Default Re: Flare Gun Detection?

[quote author=Raven434 link=topic=1395.msg6445#msg6445 date=1198734335]Checking for outfits...
    Go get a flaregun (from the pirates) before continuing.

> inv flare

flaregun (38)

So yeah, I have a flare gun.[/quote]

Are you using the version posted by hippymon? The got_item() function was broken in that post. It's fixed in the latest release in the first post.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Did you extract the zip or download separate files? The zip creates a subdirectory called "warplans", which contains the battleplans. The script looks there to load the battleplan, so if you just have the plan in the same directory as the script, it will give you that error. You can either change the code (line 123 in ver. 1.1) or create the warplans directory yourself and put the plan there.

(That's why I posted the script in a zip file.)
    I did have it in the subfolder, I downloaded the ver. 1.1 zip file and extracted it into my scripts folder, so everything's in the right place and extracted... The warplans directory is there, it has optimal.txt in it, and optimal.txt has the warplan in it. I looked at the code myself, too, and I can't figure out why it's having problems. I think I might try putting optimal.txt directly in the same directory and changing line 123 to see if that helps.

[quote author=zarqon link=topic=1395.msg6446#msg6446 date=1198735001]

Are you using the version posted by hippymon? The got_item() function was broken in that post. It's fixed in the latest release in the first post.
    [/quote]

/blush - I had to go start the war. LOL

I used the updated 1.1 version you posted.

Once I started the war, the script could be launched without any issues.

[quote author=Relim link=topic=1395.msg6448#msg6448 date=1198736883]I did have it in the subfolder, I downloaded the ver. 1.1 zip file and extracted it into my scripts folder [...] I think I might try putting optimal.txt directly in the same directory and changing line 123 to see if that helps.[/quote]

Wow... that's weird. I wonder if they've made changes to map_to_file() since the 11.9 release? I've never done anything with daily builds so I don't know. Or perhaps it was a slash or eol issue...? Out of curiosity, is your system Linux or Mac? Let me know if putting it in the same directory fixes your problem.

[quote author=Raven434 link=topic=1395.msg6449#msg6449 date=1198736993]/blush - I had to go start the war.

Once I started the war, the script could be launched without any issues.[/quote]

But... the script should start the war for you, so there is a problem. You were getting hung up on the pre-war flaregun check? (The reason it checks before the war starts is because the pirates go away after you start the war.)

Does your got_item() function (line 134) look like this?
    Code:
    boolean got_item(item tolookup) {
       return (item_amount(tolookup) > 0 || have_equipped(tolookup));
    }
    And... has anyone else experienced this problem? Or does anyone see a problem with the above function?

For good measure, here's the code that checks for the flaregun:

Code:
       if (!got_item($item[flaregun])) 
          if (can_interact()) retrieve_item(1, $item[flaregun]);
             else abort("Go get a flaregun (from the pirates) before continuing.");
    Sig by JakAtk

// assure possession of a flaregun
    if (!got_item($item[flaregun])) if(can_interact()) retrieve_item(1, $item[flaregun]);
    else die("Go get a flaregun (from the pirates) before continuing.");

I didn't change the formatting in the cut and paste.

I am going to clean out the ash and warplans and re-download them just to make sure.

I downloaded the 1.1 zip file again and it has hippy's code in it for the flaregun...[hr][quote author=zarqon link=topic=1395.msg6450#msg6450 date=1198738498]

Does your got_item() function (line 134) look like this?
    Code:
       return (item_amount(tolookup) > 0 || have_equipped(tolookup));
    }
    // returns true if you have the item
    return ((item_amount(tolookup) > 0) || (have_equipped(tolookup)));
    }