One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

dj_d

I think there's a bug in the nun mission (and possibly elsewhere). When you throw the meat vortex, it prevents the first item in your .ccs from being executed. So if your ccs is
skill noodles
attack
you'll throw a meat vortex, then attack.

zarqon

@morgad: Sorry for the delay in responding, but I racked my brain and can't think of what might have gone wrong. This part was particularly confusing:

[quote author=morgad link=topic=1395.msg10522#msg10522 date=1229628080]for some readon it has done the lighthouse and orchard as a Frat, the farm and the arena as a hippy (but I can't now get back into the arena) and it is now stuck untill the arena is opened[/quote]

This does not follow your warplan at all. And OCW would not complete sidequests as the opposite side from the warplan, so I'm suspicious that you may have inadvertently switched two of the quests in that report.

Something that may have happened: I recently reordered the steps on fastest.txt so that the nun quest could take advantage of the Winklered arena buff. If you began with the previous fastest.txt and continued with the new one something may have gone awry, although none of the steps were changed, just reordered.

Either way, to continue you'll have to manually complete the Arena (as a fratboy, which is what the plan specifies and which is already open). I'm guessing if you do that and then rerun OCW it would solve your problem. (Of course, you've probably already finished the rest of the quest by this point, but there it is for future reference.)

@dj_d: If that is happening, it seems likely that mafia executes ccs's based on round number, not sequence. Did you specify round numbers in your ccs (i.e. 1: skill noodles, 2: attack)? If so, you could try taking the numbers out. Otherwise, maybe changing it to 1: skill noodles, 3: attack would work -- but it may generate an additional thumb-twiddling server hit for all non-OCW-meat-vortex-thrown combats when it tries to cast the second noodles, so you'd want to make that location-specific i.e.

[ themthar ]
1: skill noodles
3: attack

Optionally, using the First Things First script may correctly solve this issue, although I'm not sure if the consult command can be used after the first round of combat. If you try it and it works, let us know.

morgad

[quote author=zarqon link=topic=1395.msg10757#msg10757 date=1230476232]
@morgad: Sorry for the delay in responding, but I racked my brain and can't think of what might have gone wrong. This part was particularly confusing:

This does not follow your warplan at all. And OCW would not complete sidequests as the opposite side from the warplan, so I'm suspicious that you may have inadvertently switched two of the quests in that report.

Something that may have happened: I recently reordered the steps on fastest.txt so that the nun quest could take advantage of the Winklered arena buff. If you began with the previous fastest.txt and continued with the new one something may have gone awry, although none of the steps were changed, just reordered.

[/quote]
No ideas here either, I have never had a problem before. possibly I had a duff default outfit from a previous loop.

Next ascension I will nuke all the custom outfits, and possibly try using maximise.ash to switch outfits, rather than the code in your script

best regards
Dave

ekirhall

Script Challenged

Ok, I couldn't get this to work at all. I should preface all this by telling you that even though I've played KOL for several years I just recently started using mafia and I've NEVER used a script before so it could be that I'm just doing something wrong. I downloaded it, unzipped it to my script folder, opened mafia, went to scripts, load scripts..., and opened wossname.asp. All I got was "OCW stopped" in the progress bar. Nothing else. What am I doing wrong?

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I couldn't get this to work at all. I should preface all this by telling you that even though I've played KOL for several years I just recently started using mafia and I've NEVER used a script before so it could be that I'm just doing something wrong. I downloaded it, unzipped it to my script folder, opened mafia, went to scripts, load scripts..., and opened wossname.asp. All I got was "OCW stopped" in the progress bar. Nothing else. What am I doing wrong?
Switch over to the cli window and see what the error message is, should have printed something there.

zarqon

It's User Feedback Time!

More and more I'm liking the idea of converting this script to work with Maximise.ash, which I have thus far avoided because I like scripts to be fairly self-contained. Morgad's comment made me start thinking seriously about doing it again. Opinions?

And, Updates!

• Updated the thread URL for version checking.
  • Fighting gremlins will now operate more like auto-adventuring, calling restore scripts / between-battle scripts if you have them set.
  • Removed auto-meat-vortexing. This is something CCS's should do, and I was hoping to use the recently added combat filter functionality to do it, but was having problems with it so I scrapped it, at least for this release. I have, however, added meat vortexing to First Things First, so if you're using the latest version of that you'll be fine.

dj_d

Go Z!

I've been noodling about using Maximize.ash for various scripts. The problem is that it has unintended consequences. For example, putting on +noncombat gear might make you unequip a Mr. A that you needed to be able to kill monsters in that area. Or you might equip a +foo weapon instead of your Haiku Katana.

But as long as you can override it - sure, what the heck?

ekirhall

Switch over to the cli window and see what the error message is, should have printed something there.

Here's what's in the cli window:

Checking for updates (running OCW ver. 1.4.2)...
Unable to load current version info.
battleAction => custom: default.ccs
Internal checkpoint created.
Warplan is corrupt. I mean, the file is.
Restoring initial settings...
battleAction => attack with weapon
OCW stopped.

Any ideas?

zarqon

@ekirhall: OCW generates the "Warplan is corrupt" error when, after loading the external text file (warplan), the variable holding that data is empty. What OS are you using, and did you edit any of the variables in the script? If you are using a non-Windows OS, I would recommend trying some of the suggestions listed on the first page under Additional Documentation (about three posts down).

By the way, downloading version 1.4.3 and unzipping that over your current installation will get rid of the "Unable to load current version info" message.

ekirhall

@ekirhall: OCW generates the "Warplan is corrupt" error when, after loading the external text file (warplan), the variable holding that data is empty. What OS are you using, and did you edit any of the variables in the script? If you are using a non-Windows OS, I would recommend trying some of the suggestions listed on the first page under Additional Documentation (about three posts down).

By the way, downloading version 1.4.3 and unzipping that over your current installation will get rid of the "Unable to load current version info" message.

I'm using Windows XP and I didn't change anything (I'm not that savvy :) I'll try downloading the 1.4.3 version and see if that helps.

Thanks

zarqon

I'm also using XP SP3. I get that error if I change the file_to_map() line from \\ to / -- but not with the unedited script. I have submitted a feature request for map functions to be platform-independent. If that gets implemented perhaps there will be a solution. At present, I don't know what to tell you.

Camber

A suggestion and error

Zarqon - Great script! i use it every run. I'll be sending a few bats your way.

When i ran thru the Nuns sidequest, it bought some Knob Goblin nasal spray for me, but didn't change back to my previous outfit before putting on War Hippy Fatiques and continuing. This sent me into battle with the Knob Goblin Elite polearm as a weapon.
--BAD for a moxie class--

Also, I am getting an error and debug log when it hits the try command (about line 426) of the nuns quest in ourlady_sq(). Your script continues fine, but i thought you should know.
if (get_property("demonName2") != "") cli_execute("try summon 2");

Conditions list cleared.
Step 9: Our Lady of Perpetual Indecision sidequest
Visiting the Mysterious Island Arena...
A music lover is you.
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Unterminated conditional statement.
(try does not use any parameters)

Putting on Knob Goblin Elite Guard Uniform...
Equipment changed.
Purchasing Knob Goblin nasal spray (7 @ 150)...
You acquire Knob Goblin nasal spray (7)
Purchases complete.
Using 7 Knob Goblin nasal spray...
You acquire an effect: Wasabi Sinuses (duration: 70 Adventures)
Finished using 7 Knob Goblin nasal spray.
Using 6 pink candy heart...
You acquire an effect: Heart of Pink (duration: 60 Adventures)
Finished using 6 pink candy heart.
Mood swing complete.
You can't wear that outfit.
Putting on War Hippy Fatigues...
Equipment changed.

Again, thank you for the excellent scripts.

StormCrow42

When i ran thru the Nuns sidequest, it bought some Knob Goblin nasal spray for me, but didn't change back to my previous outfit before putting on War Hippy Fatiques and continuing. This sent me into battle with the Knob Goblin Elite polearm as a weapon.
--BAD for a moxie class--

The way to avoid this is to have a custom outfit created for the Nuns (and the Orchard), so that it'll change back to that after visiting the Knob.

On a different note, I think somehow the "bestfamiliar" map that used to be included with OCW has disappeared from the package. I find that it's not changing familiars as intelligently as it used to unless I go in and hardcode the "correct" ones.

Edit: Ok, I see that it's supposed to generate the map file. Somehow mine must have been corrupted.

Double Edit: Ok, I'm now not certain where in the current version of the script the map gets generated. I deleted my corrupted map, but I don't see that a replacement was generated. I'll have to experiment more when my next character meets the level 12 quest in a few days.

Last edited:

zarqon

@Camber: thanks for the heads up. I'll remove that "try" and see if that causes anyone problems. :) Will be in the next update. And, StormCrow is right on as far as the solution for your outfit troubles.

@StormCrow: a while back there were changes to the way mafia represented itself to servers, which broke the automatic map updating. This has since been resolved (I had to change some things on my server), but you won't get a new map unless you actually need it (I try to save server hits wherever possible). So the next time OCW actually selects a familiar, your map file should be automatically updated. (That happens in the best_fam() and load_daily_map() functions if you're looking at the code.)

Speaking of the next update... I need to make a few runs using my current version first to make sure it's okay for release, but the next version is a chunk smaller -- following my recent philosophical trend towards complementary specialized scripts. Oooh, controversy!

The way to avoid this is to have a custom outfit created for the Nuns (and the Orchard), so that it'll change back to that after visiting the Knob.

Yes, I am a dolt... How do I do this? I know how to create a custom outfit, but how do I sepcify it for a specific adventure?

Thank you!

zarqon

@siameseretriever: open Wossname.ash in a text editor. There are lots of things you can customize at the top, for instance the names of custom outfits you would like to use. The most important of these is the default outfit. You can also specify outfits for specific quests, but if you don't, your default outfit will be used. So at least specify a default outfit. Before editing, the default outfit name is "current."

@zarqon: I love you, and if you ever come to Germany, where I currently live, you've got a paid BJ (not by me, don't really like sausage) and 3 Long Island Ice Teas :D

zarqon

Hahaha, I'll remember that whenever I finally make it to Germany. Glad you enjoy the script.