Tower Checker

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This script gives information about what you have and still need for climbing the tower. It gives the same information as the telescope command, plus lets you know what you are missing.

Get the script with
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/towerchecker/code/

Last edited:

exxyle

Code:
> call scripts\towerChecker.ash

First gate: gate of the porcupine (Spiky Hair/super-spiky hair gel - HAVE)
Missing keys: None
Missing star items: star weapon, star hat

Neat, thanks! One question: does the lack of any message about guitar/drum/etc mean I have one, or that I need to get one? (to clarify, I don't have any instruments, but i don't want to call something a bug w/o knowing the normal behavior first)

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
New version attached. I think I might have fixed at least one bug. I added color to distinguish what you have from what you need. I also added version checking (borrowed from another script) since this script will probably need updating with every new challenge path.

Currently the star key is listed both with keys and star stuff. I don't know if that should be changed.

Donavin69

I was writing something similar, but yours is done...

One thing that I would add is the starfish....then it will be useful for BM too (except no telescope)

matt.chugg

Since I started attempting to optimise my runs, this is very useful.. Thanks!

but I play in the relay browser a lot, so I did this:

extra-info.png

by overriding game.php with game.ash to add a new frame to the frameset with a link to relay_info.ash which KoLmafia will then look for in the relay folder.
the same principle could be used to add any override or relay script to any frame.

requires Jasons http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?3842-Form-of-HTML!

It loads the stylesheet from my domain so I can make updates without needing to replace the file, but doesn't load any js currently as various people wouldn't (and shouldn't) trust remote loaded js

i'll be working on adding more in-run relevant tips and warnings, but I thought i'd post here first since a large amount of the code was from lost's tower checker and he deserves the credit for all of that, if enough people find it usefull maybe it will get its own thread!

Attachments

• game.ash
    830 bytes · Views: 139
  • relay_info.ash
    12.9 KB · Views: 128

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty sure I won't ever use that personally (I feel like I don't have enough horizontal screen space as it is), but it looks pretty cool.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
New version attached.

* The first gate now checks for a lot of things that can give you Sugar Rush.
* Tower levels have been cut down to the item you need and whether you have it.
* Nothing is checked in a Bugbear Invasion run.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Version 0.5 attached to the first post.

# Zombie Master support
# Don't clutter the session log
# Check for an accordion

Raven434

Sweet! Handy script.

Any chance it will be extended to have an option to run it and have it go collect missing tower items?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's no chance of me doing that. I always play softcore, so in lazy runs I just pull what I'm missing and in speed runs I never automate turn-taking actions.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You can use svn checkout https://sourceforge.net/p/towerchecker/code/ to get the latest version of this script in the future. So far all that's changed is the removal of the version-checking function. I'll change the version number in the first post when the next path comes out to push people toward that path once there's something worth updating for.

Alhifar

Code:
> svn checkout https://sourceforge.net/p/towerchecker/code/

Unable to connect with repository at /p/towerchecker/code

For what it's worth, checking out CHIT worked fine for me

EDIT:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/towerchecker/code/
seems to be the right command

Darzil

Developer
Thanks, worked fine for me via svn, and a handy tool.

On the keys bit, or just after, I feel it might be useful to also list number of fat loot tokens and presence of zap wand. For extra credit, show Boris/Jarlsberg/Pete keys as blue if you have 3 tokens or 2 tokens and a wand, and maybe orange or something if you have 1 token and a wand. Basically if I know I can get the keys at the gate, it doesn't matter if I don't have them now.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I can see using a third color (orange seems good, though I would have to mess around with it) if you have 3 tokens, or 2 tokens and a wand. Listing the zap wand makes sense if you have anything besides 3 keys/tokens.

I could apply the same logic to the other 3 keys, showing them as orange if you have all the ingredients to make them.

I'd like to check for nagamar ingredients, but I can't think of a way to do that without checking for every possible setup, and that doesn't seem worth the effort.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Now that the logic is a lot simpler, this script checks if you can create keys and such. The code for DD keys is a bit messy, so there might be an edge case that isn't properly represented.