Thread: Simple combat strategy for Boris

Default Simple combat strategy for Boris

I'd like to set up a really simple combat script for boris where, if to-hit < say 50%, i start with intimidating bellow, then either attack with mighty axing (assuming I deleveled the mob enough to increase to-hit > 50%, or intimidating belch. Once I get broadside, I may want to add that in there as well as needed since, at least what I've seen, if you're running any ML at all, you're gonna be at 0% chance to evade (you *will* get hit and 10 mp is almost always cheaper than 100hp).

Geesh, I guess it'd be nice if Belch knew whether I'd eaten enough to kill the mob in question.

Anyway, surely someone with more batskills than I do has done/is working on something like this. Any suggestions where to start?

The current problem with Boris-runs in a batbrain-includign consult script is that batbrain and batfactors doesn't know about the Boris-skills meaning it'll never pick them. I've added Mighty Axing and Heroic Belch locally, but they are not in the "main" version.

That said I don't think the formulas for any of the Boris-skills have been sufficiently spaded yet to actually be safely used.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Yeah, I may have to do it with ccs, i'm thinking [section delevel], [section stun] and adding monsters manually as I enter each zone.