Bug - Cannot Reproduce Latest build (10572) problems with equipment with single quotes in

Terragon

Seems to have problems equipping and unequipping items such as "Sneaky Pete's Breath Spray" - only items with single quotes in the name appear to be affected.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Sneaky Pete's Breath Spray doesn't have a quote in its name. What exactly are you doing? Describe it, step by step, please, and explain what KoLmafia does or doesn't do.

Winterbay

Well, if you define ' as a "single quote" and not an apostrophy it does, which is what I think is being referred to.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The bug report is titled "problems with equipment with single quotes". The bug report says "KoLmafia has problems." It does not describe what the "problems" are. I'm trying to get clarification, since I have no "problems" equipping items through the Gear Changer, say.

I assume he is using the CLI or an ASH script or something - and I asked him to describe what he typed and what happened. I don't feel like sitting in the CLI or writing test ASH scripts, experimenting and hoping to stumble on the "problem".

Your response did not address my request. Is my request a problem?

Winterbay

I interpreted your reply as wondering where the quote was and so I tried to draw attention to a potential one, it was not intended as a comment on your request. If that apostrophy has any bearing on the question in the OP I have no idea because I have no breath-sprays to test anything with.

Theraze

Works fine for me in the gCLI with the maximizer (maximize equip sneaky pete's breath spray). Works fine for me in the gCLI with the equip CLI command (equip sneaky pete's breath spray).

Terragon

I've since ascended - but I'll retest in detail once I've got another breath spray and have enough stats to equip it.

I could not equip a breath spray or a "draggin' ball hat" in the gear changer, and the outfit changer also had difficulty doing so.

Any .ash script that attempted to manipulate my equipment would then have problems.

I could work around it by just loading the relay browser and changing equipment there instead - though I had to edit my stored outfits to exclude the problem items to avoid the .ash scripts trying to change back into it and getting into bother again.

Terragon

So it might have been caused by the .ash script.

This is the main culprit - mostly switching into the war hippy outfit and back again.

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?960-One-Click-Wossname-automatic-level-12-quest-completion

There was no problem on my previous ascension with this script and the vanilla v15.0 kolmafia.

This script would call these functions (and fail to change gear correctly)
outfit("current");
outfit("War Hippy Fatigues");

The session log doesn't show any error after these lines, but the resulting adventure attempts failed (going places that required War Hippy Fatigues did not work after War Hippy Fatigues were apparently equipped)

I'll definitely retest whenever I am able.

Theraze

If you have issues with it, I'd suggest running a refresh all (or is refresh inv enough to refresh the outfit listing?). I've had a few times in the past few days where I've created my outfit in lowercase instead of propercase and mafia decided that it couldn't change into it until I refreshed and made it aware of it again.

PsyMar

So it might have been caused by the .ash script.

This is the main culprit - mostly switching into the war hippy outfit and back again.

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?960-One-Click-Wossname-automatic-level-12-quest-completion

There was no problem on my previous ascension with this script and the vanilla v15.0 kolmafia.

This script would call these functions (and fail to change gear correctly)
outfit("current");
outfit("War Hippy Fatigues");

The session log doesn't show any error after these lines, but the resulting adventure attempts failed (going places that required War Hippy Fatigues did not work after War Hippy Fatigues were apparently equipped)

I'll definitely retest whenever I am able.

Did you have all the parts to the "current" outfit? If not, I bet that was the problem... also, I see the only place that script does both things back to back with nothing in between seems to be at the Nuns, if that helps any.

Bale

Minion
PsyMar, I appreciate your desire to help find the issue, but it has been 4 years since Terragon posted the bug and 3 years since he last logged in to this forum.

I suspect that the issue was due to user error or a problem with his system since nobody else has ever reported it in the last four years, but it is likely that we will never know.