Feature - Rejected Fernwarthy's Basement - Remove relay spam

Zaranthos

A config option to remove the excessive very, very, very, great, great, great spam from Fernwarthy's Basement pages would be awesome. KoLmafia already makes doing the basement much less painful but an option to redecorate the page with truncated very's and great's to eliminate page scrolling to complete adventures would be very nice. The option could be limited to levels beyond 500 or just apply to all but once you start doing 1000's of levels in the basement the page scrolling to click becomes the biggest annoyance.

On a completely unrelated note relay HP/MP restore must suffer from built in KoLmafia delays since you can actually click the next adventure before KoLmafia is able to execute an automatic HP/MP restore which can result in a failed test or beaten up.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
On a completely unrelated note relay HP/MP restore must suffer from built in KoLmafia delays since you can actually click the next adventure before KoLmafia is able to execute an automatic HP/MP restore which can result in a failed test or beaten up.
I don't know what you mean by "relay HP/MP restore must suffer from built in KoLmafia delays". Seriously, I can't parse that.

I went into the basement and everywhere that I can "click the next adventure" submits a call to basement.php, and my debug printing shows that that is a location that KoLmafia considers to be an adventuring location, and for which it will delay entering until recovery is complete. In other words, if you are in the middle of recovery and click on the button, KoLmafia will wait until recovery finishes before passing on the button push.

That's the only "built in KoLmafia delay" there is that is associated with recovery and adventuring. I'm trying to understand how that might apply to your first sentence, and I'm still not seeing it. Elaborate, please?

I suppose you should elaborate on the second part, too, since my testing shows that KoLmafia waits for recovery before letting you click the button.

Perhaps you just need to explain what "automatic HP/MP restore" is happening that is not being waited for.

slyz

Developer
Regarding the "great great great" stuff, you can do that with a relay override script (or with something unrelated to Mafia, like a GreaseMonkey script, I guess).

I don't consider the Basement monster names as spam, but as jokes. And I wouldn't want Mafia to edit jokes out of KoL :(

Zaranthos

I am able to click elemental tests, the drink tests (elemental damage), and the damage reduction tests faster than KoLmafia's relay heal works. If I'm not careful I'll hit the next test before the auto-restore happens and I'll fail the test and get beaten up. Edit: My auto-heal is cocoon in case casting a spell doesn't work the same as something like using a scroll of drastic.

I like a good joke as much as anyone but seriously the same joke 10,000 times gets old. KoLmafia is all about simplifying things especially repetitive tasks and a page and a half of great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very great great great very very very is more annoying than funny when you've done >10,000 basement levels and are looking at doing 20,000 more. Not that I'm really complaining since KoLmafia has made it a LOT easier. But it could be better and it could be a preference that's off by default.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am able to click elemental tests, the drink tests (elemental damage), and the damage reduction tests faster than KoLmafia's relay heal works. If I'm not careful I'll hit the next test before the auto-restore happens and I'll fail the test and get beaten up. Edit: My auto-heal is cocoon in case casting a spell doesn't work the same as something like using a scroll of drastic.
Just to be completely clear: you are hitting the "next" button before the healing begins? Not after it has started, but before it starts to execute?

Zaranthos

I'm sure I'm hitting the next adventure before the healing starts. I'm not using the combat action bar if that's what you mean. FireFox 10 relay browser. There is enough delay between taking damage, page load, and auto-heal that you can click the next adventure before healing happens and die.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10396/10397 now does healing when you are about to adventure, not after you have just finished adventuring. That should solve the issue with doing a basement level too soon because your trigger finger was too fast on the button.

I don't particularly want to change the displayed name of the monster in the Relay Browser. Note that we do normalize them in the Encounters list of the Adventure Pane, as of Revision 10233

Zaranthos

Healing doesn't seem to be working, at least not when /use spooky putty monster is used or when clicking those use links.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10411 runs between battle actions before "using" an item in the Relay Browser.

I am going to mark this "Rejected". I have addressed the recovery issues you brought up, I pointed out that we normalize Basement monster names in the Encounter List - but I am not willing to suppress KoL's "jokes" in the actual HTML we deliver to the browser.