Page 2 of 194 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

I've reported it already (i.e. the last post in the BatBrain thread currently where I had the exact same problem as you did and was confused because the code I had set up should've handled it...).
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Version 1.2 uploaded with a fix that should make the script successfully detect if the fight ended in a sneaky way and not abort automation when that happens. Untested, but the theory is sound and the basis for it is tested
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit

Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Version 1.2 uploaded with a fix that should make the script successfully detect if the fight ended in a sneaky way and not abort automation when that happens. Untested, but the theory is sound and the basis for it is tested
    Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    FWIW, I saw this abort two or three times yesterday, with the previous version, and none today with the new version so my experience supports the "It is Fixed" hypothesis.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Version 1.3 has been released which includes some fixes for fights aborting incorrectly (more specifically free runaways) as well as detection of temporary amnesia if you are fighting with skills.

Edit: Updated to 1.3.1 since I forgot a parenthesis which didn't show up until after the script was run in a fight (it verified just fine).
    Last edited by Winterbay; 02-11-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit

Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:

Code:
    [334] Defiled Cranny
    Encounter: Death Rattlin'
    Encounter: swarm of ghuol whelps
    Strategy: /home/fit/.kolmafia/ccs/default.ccs [default]
    Round 0: morgad loses initiative!
    WHAM: Running SmartStasis
    WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
    The string "Suckerpunch" is not an integer; returning 0 (WHAM.ash, line 479)
    The string "Entangling Noodles" is not an integer; returning 0 (WHAM.ash, line 479)
    The string "Disco Dance of Doom" is not an integer; returning 0 (WHAM.ash, line 479)
    The string "Disco Dance II: Electric Boogaloo" is not an integer; returning 0 (WHAM.ash, line 479)
    The string "Disco Face Stab" is not an integer; returning 0 (WHAM.ash, line 479)
    The string "Disco Eye-Poke" does not look like an integer; returning 0 (WHAM.ash, line 479)
    The string "Saucegeyser" is not an integer; returning 0 (WHAM.ash, line 479)
    Round 1: morgad executes a macro!
    KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
    WHAM: Unable to determine a valid combat strategy. For your benefit here are the numbers for you combat skills.
    WHAM: Wave of Sauce 64.2 potential damage.
    WHAM: Moxious Maneuver 1.1448001 potential damage.
    WHAM: Basic attack 6.7344637 potential damage with a hitchance of 8.795455%.
    WHAM: You now have the knowlegde needed to go forward and be victorious
    You're on your own, partner.
    Click here to continue in the relay browser.
    in the relay browser te stats are showing as -
    [/code]You're fighting a swarm of ghuol whelps
    HP: 0, Atk: 0, Def: 0, Type: undead[/code]

Wham problem, or somewhere upstream?

best regards
    Dave

Relay browser is mafia's knowledge, not WHAM.

I assume he means all the "the string 'foo' is not an integer" messages?
    Last edited by roippi; 02-13-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Possible... that just looks like WHAM had a major datafile bork. If it keeps happening, I'd suggest deleting your batfactors.txt file and letting it get a new one, if you haven't changed it yourself. If you have, knock it off... or at least, knock off editing it with an editor that screws up tabs.

But WHAM not being able to calculate which of the available commands were best able to complete because it had 0/0/0 monster stats would be a mafia datafile thing, not a WHAM issue.

Yeah, ghoul whelps have no stats in Mafia and are thus controlled by the zlib-setting unknown_ml, setting that too high may lead to unexpected results at lower levels like this. I usually have mine somewhere between 120 and 200 depending on where in an ascension I am.

When it comes to the "not an integer"-part it does appear like a broken data-file. I would suggest starting by deleting (or renaming) your batfactors.txt and see if that helps. I've had no such problems today at least and line 479 is where the script is excising the skill-ID from batfactors.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit

Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
    I have never intentionally touched the data files - but have now deleted batfactors.txt (dated 2012-01-16 19:41) . Will know if it works in 5 days

Dave