Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1939

Thread: Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

I know autoPutty works with photocopied monsters; I have a script that does something similar with a photocopied emebezzler. Are you sure you set autoPutty to "monster clod hopper" and not just "clod hopper" ? I remember running into that issue when I was writing my script.

Are you sure you set autoPutty to "monster clod hopper" and not just "clod hopper" ?
    Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    Yeah it's setup correctly in mafia, because again it's working on spooky putty and black box, just not on photocopied monster. That's what led me to think it's something in wham/batbrain that's not putting the correct precedence on the special mafia putty action, instead just firing a romantic arrow and then 1-hit killing

The fun thing about this? Your logs show that apparently it's an issue with Smart Stasis, not WHAM. The good two results process the putty-ing during the Smart Stasis bit. The bad one, Smart Stasis says that it's done and is handing the fight over to the WHAM damage code for destruction.

It doesn't help fix things, but it does suggest that changing WHAM itself won't be able to fix your problem. Probably.

Problem: WHAM doesn't seem to understand that attacking with my weapon will do more damage against elemental hobos in Hobopolis than using Sauceror skills. It also won't use my reusable combat items. The end result is that if I use WHAM for these hobos, I get beaten up every time, after about 14 rounds of ineffective combat.
    Personal Work-Around: Simply using a CCS that uses love gnats and auto-attack will kill the hobo in 4-7 rounds.

With the advent of the DIY protonic accelerator, there's now some interesting nuance when it comes to fighting ghosts. Is there any chance that WHAM will be updated to manage bustin' ghosts?

Can someone make a change so it doesn't auto olfact the hellion or the goth giant?

Can someone make a change so it doesn't auto olfact the hellion or the goth giant?
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    You can change that yourself. It's actually a SmartStasis feature, not WHAM at all. change it in the CLI like this:

Code:
    zlib BatMan_attract = blooper, dairy goat, zombie waltzers, dirty old lihc, violent fungus
    I agree that zarqon should remove hellion and goth giant from the default list of monsters to attract. They just aren't as useful anymore.

It also shouldn't think it a great idea to olfact the zombie waltzer unless the character is a moxie class. Heck, powerleveling just isn't a real thing anymore so zombie waltzer should be removed from the list also.

I've got all monsters removed from mine so that I have more control over my combats.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Developer

Isn't that handled by your autoOlfact setting? (might be in your data/vars_<playername>.txt)

Developer

Looks like Bale is right, actually. autoOlfact looks like it's used in simple combat action situations.

SmartStasis does use autoOlfact in addition to the BatMan_attract var, not just simple combat action situations. I disable BatMan_attract and use autoOlfact exclusively to control how what monsters are olfacted by my batfactor derived consult script.