Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

AlbinoRhino

I know autoPutty works with photocopied monsters; I have a script that does something similar with a photocopied emebezzler. Are you sure you set autoPutty to "monster clod hopper" and not just "clod hopper" ? I remember running into that issue when I was writing my script.

fxer

Are you sure you set autoPutty to "monster clod hopper" and not just "clod hopper" ?

Yeah it's setup correctly in mafia, because again it's working on spooky putty and black box, just not on photocopied monster. That's what led me to think it's something in wham/batbrain that's not putting the correct precedence on the special mafia putty action, instead just firing a romantic arrow and then 1-hit killing

Theraze

The fun thing about this? Your logs show that apparently it's an issue with Smart Stasis, not WHAM. The good two results process the putty-ing during the Smart Stasis bit. The bad one, Smart Stasis says that it's done and is handing the fight over to the WHAM damage code for destruction.

It doesn't help fix things, but it does suggest that changing WHAM itself won't be able to fix your problem. Probably.

VladYvhuce

Problem: WHAM doesn't seem to understand that attacking with my weapon will do more damage against elemental hobos in Hobopolis than using Sauceror skills. It also won't use my reusable combat items. The end result is that if I use WHAM for these hobos, I get beaten up every time, after about 14 rounds of ineffective combat.
Personal Work-Around: Simply using a CCS that uses love gnats and auto-attack will kill the hobo in 4-7 rounds.

Valliant

With the advent of the DIY protonic accelerator, there's now some interesting nuance when it comes to fighting ghosts. Is there any chance that WHAM will be updated to manage bustin' ghosts?

Bale

Minion
Can someone make a change so it doesn't auto olfact the hellion or the goth giant?

You can change that yourself. It's actually a SmartStasis feature, not WHAM at all. change it in the CLI like this:

Code:
zlib BatMan_attract = blooper, dairy goat, zombie waltzers, dirty old lihc, violent fungus

I agree that zarqon should remove hellion and goth giant from the default list of monsters to attract. They just aren't as useful anymore.

It also shouldn't think it a great idea to olfact the zombie waltzer unless the character is a moxie class. Heck, powerleveling just isn't a real thing anymore so zombie waltzer should be removed from the list also.

I've got all monsters removed from mine so that I have more control over my combats.

Bale

Minion
SmartStasis does use autoOlfact in addition to the BatMan_attract var, not just simple combat action situations. I disable BatMan_attract and use autoOlfact exclusively to control how what monsters are olfacted by my batfactor derived consult script.

Valliant

With the addition of a number of new combat abilities with the Nuclear Autumn, is there anything I can do to help WHAM use them?

Magus_Prime

I think it's more of a spading and Batbrain issue than a WHAM issue. I just finished getting the last of the combat skills but it will probably be a while before the spaders can contribute.

Crowther

I think it's more of a spading and Batbrain issue than a WHAM issue. I just finished getting the last of the combat skills but it will probably be a while before the spaders can contribute.
Yes. And often it is something that can be added to batfactors.txt by anyone. It doesn't look like a whole lot to spade. One stun and 5 elemental attacks that likely all use the same formula.

EDIT: Looks like there are class skills to spade too.

Last edited:

adeyke

With the advent of the DIY protonic accelerator, there's now some interesting nuance when it comes to fighting ghosts. Is there any chance that WHAM will be updated to manage bustin' ghosts?

I'd like the second this request, if it's possible. However, I'm not sure Mafia is able to tell what's a ghost and what isn't, so that might take a feature request. For now, I've been manually shooting/trapping the special ghosts.

Crowther

I'd like the second this request, if it's possible. However, I'm not sure Mafia is able to tell what's a ghost and what isn't, so that might take a feature request. For now, I've been manually shooting/trapping the special ghosts.
WHAM doesn't need mafia to tell it. If shot/trap are available, then it is a ghost.

Lxndr

is there a variable in WHAM that I can switch to make sure that it uses the proper abstraction against monsters in the DMT?

Totentanz

You can also just use Bale's ghost busting function in your after adventure script.