Bug haunted house postion effects not working in mood when trick-or-treating

I've set up my mood to include:
When I run low on The Bone Us Round, use 1 press-on ribs

The effect is given in 30 turn increments, but you cannot multi-use them, so I figured a mood setting would facilitate trick or treating with the effect stacking on top of my halloween outfit, however mafia is no auto-using the press-on ribs for me. I'm not sure if this is because of the nature of the Trick-or-Treat adventure, or the nature of the potion itself, but I thought it was worth bringing to the forums.

I did not test other scenarios, so please excuse me i this is not a bug.

slyz

Developer
I noticed this today too. It looks like moods and mana burning aren't executed when trick or treating.

You can always use a script like this:
PHP:
while( my_adventures() > 59 )
{
	cli_execute( "mood execute" );
	cli_execute( "burn extra" );
	adventure( min( 30, my_adventures() - 59 ) , $location[ Trick-or-Treating ] );
}

(here I wanted to adventure until I had 59 adventures left).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My first guess is that your mood isn't executed while trick-or-treating. The quickest workaround I can think of would be a script that spends 1 turn at a time trick-or-treating and then executes your mood, and does that repeatedly.

And slyz beats me to it.

Theraze

Well, sort of. His burns 30 at a time, so if your stuff doesn't check for <30 turns, you're liable to run out of effects you want. But if you turn the min(30, adventures-59) to a straight 1, then yes...

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The underlying cause was the important part. I ignored the holiday, so I didn't bother doing more than suggesting a starting point for a script.

slyz

Developer
In a zone without any combats, Mafia will only restore your health, and will skip your betweenBattleScript, your mood, and mana restoration.

Do we want to keep this behavior? There are many occasions where all of those are needed (wandering monsters for example).

I think my personal preference, at least as it relates to moods, is if i want my mood to not fire i have a way to do that in mafia; by setting it to apathetic. For that reason I'd say moods should fire so long as they're set and triggers are hit.

xKiv

Considering that losing an effect might drop your max HP (or MP) below current value, or prevent you from successfully continuing adventuring in the location (stat requirements, for example), I would say that at least mood should be run always.
A BetweenBattleScript should be smart enough to not do anything bad, and the current usage of them is more like BetweenAdventureScript (setting noncombat choices, ...), which, to me, suggest either also that they should be run always, or that they should be split in BBS and BAS.