Scripting mood changes and combat strategy changes

Relim

I've looked around on the wiki and searched the forums, but I can't find a way to change moods from a script. Is there any way to do this? (something like set_mood("farming"); or something)

Also, is there any way to change combat strategy from within a script? (attack vs. a skill vs. custom combat, like the dropdown menu) Or perhaps a way to edit the "Custom combat" thing from a script? I don't want to write a whole combat script when it's built in to Mafia already.

Anyway, thanks for any answers you can provide. I've been scripting a while, but I'm newish to these forums. It's been very enlightening looking through all your scripts! :)

-Relim

kain

There is! I use it all the time. Mafia's mood feature is one of the greatest things ever

I use cli_execute("mood +damage");
or
cli_execute("mood apathetic");

It really makes it easy to manage buffs.

I even have a mood called "booze" that just has a single buff, ode to booze. That way, I can invoke my drinking script at any time during my adventuring and Mafia knows to automatically uneffect (if needed) an AT buff to cast ode.

[quote author=Relim link=topic=1222.msg5728#msg5728 date=1189581138]
Also, is there any way to change combat strategy from within a script? (attack vs. a skill vs. custom combat, like the dropdown menu) Or perhaps a way to edit the "Custom combat" thing from a script? I don't want to write a whole combat script when it's built in to Mafia already.
[/quote]

You can change the combat strategy by changing the "battleAction" setting.
For example, in the CLI ->
set battleAction=attack, or
set battleAction=custom

I'd love to be able to edit the custom combat settings from a script. Or load one of an alternative set of CCS setting files. But I don't think it is possible. Or at least, I haven't figured it out.