Bug - Fixed Login screen isn't greyed out while running logout scripts from a different character

Idran

Mafia no longer locks the interface while running logout scripts and the like in between changing characters, and will "let you log in" on a different character while in the middle of running them. (I didn't notice if it actually logged in, just that Mafia got really confused about my stats and whatnot after trying the usual login behavior; I just exited out and logged back in again after I saw it.) It's something I can work around, to be sure, but I figured it wasn't intended.

Bale

Minion
This was true quite some time ago. Not a recent change. I've had to be careful to make sure I log out completely before logging in a new character.

Winterbay

My experience has been that the screen locks up a few seconds after it shows up so unless I do anything stupid during teh first few seconds it is pretty safe.

Idran

Okay, paying closer attention I see that you're right, Winterbay, it does grey out after a few seconds. But I know it didn't take as long to do so not too long ago, and I don't think I changed any of my logout stuff recently; I could be mistaken on that, but I'm pretty sure I haven't. (I might also just be misremembering past behavior, since admittedly it wasn't anything I ever payed super-close attention to.)

Should this maybe be reclassified as a feature request then?

Bale

Minion
It takes long enough for me to accidentally log in a new character at a bad time if I'm not careful. I did that.

Should this maybe be reclassified as a feature request then?

Nope. It didn't use to do this and it is not intended behavior. Definitely a bug.

charred

my logout script didnt run at all today. i noticed mafia shut down immediately after i chose exit. i logged back in and tried logout, and it did the same thing without the logout script running. i ended up running it manually before logging out

build 10111

Last edited:

mstieler

my logout script didnt run at all today. i noticed mafia shut down immediately after i chose exit. i logged back in and tried logout, and it did the same thing without the logout script running. i ended up running it manually before logging out

build 10111

I'm running 10111, and when selecting "Logout" from either the Relay browser or the Mafia interface, instead of kicking back to the Mafia login screen (the one when you initially run the .jar) and running the logout script (and if from the relay browser, leaving the KoL window up while chat still keeps running til I'm "fully" logged out), it kicks me back to the Mafia login screen with "unexpected error, debug log printed", and if from the Relay browser, blanks out the entire tab. I may just switch to 10108 and manually run the Wasp adventures though. I'll try that and see what I get.

Edit: or... not. Strange, but as I posted this, 10111 let me log out as normal and run the logout script.

mstieler

What did the debug log say?

Text wall gibberish coming up:

Edit: Whoops, my bad. Was looking at the wrong Debug log:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v14.8 r10111, Windows Vista, Java 1.6.0_26
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were
doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Sun Dec 11 09:31:58 MST 2011

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.ref.WeakReference cannot be cast to java.awt.event.ActionListener
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.ref.WeakReference cannot be cast to java.awt.event.ActionListener
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.GenericFrame.dispose(GenericFrame.java:438)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.BuffRequestFrame.dispose(BuffRequestFrame.java:140)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.LogoutManager$LogoutRunnable.run(LogoutManager.java:94)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:263)

This is repeated 4x in the Debug log, as it printed 4x.

Last edited:

charred

i just downloaded and tried all the last few builds to check everything with my logout.
my logout script isnt very complicated, its just a text document that says:
Code:
fold stinky diaper;
maximize adv;

build 10105 and earlier: i hit file>exit and my logout script will run fine...
builds 109,110, and 111: i hit file>exit and the screen just closes. my logout script doesnt run. i can look at my equip from my other account and it doesnt change...

theres no debug log. i see the changes for 10108 say "10108: Ensure that display is disabled during logout." thats the most recent thing i see for logout changes, and fits in with my limited testing. is there something changed that i missed?

Last edited:

holatuwol

Developer
No, but there was something that I missed if you had the 'purchase buffs' window which should be fixed in 10112.