Feature - Rejected Add familiars benefits to HP/MP regen

Fluxxdog

One of the things I noticed was the ring of half-assed regeneration contributing to hp regen while a Ghuol Whelp (and its ilk) doesn't. While not a major irk, it does have an effect on the maximizer. The ring counts against any HP Regen Max values, while the Ghuol Whelp, though much better, does not.

With that said, there would be question as how to factor each of 4 kinds of familiars in to the regen calculation:
Ghuol Whelps regen HP and MP with a 50% each turn
Mosquitos and Star Starfish regen HP and MP (resp.) when they attack (defined rate)
Cocoabos can randomly regen HP and MP during combat (probability at defined rate)

Bale

Minion
  1. Mafia only keeps track of regen that happens every turn, regardless of combat.
  2. All the familiar effects you indicate will only happen on combats, not on non-combats, shoring, crafting turns or other ways of expending turns. Therefore mafia does not include them in the HP/MP regen per turn.
  3. I don't even want to begin to compare the guaranteed "end of every combat" restoration of a ghoul whelp with a starfish or cocoabo whose restoration is affected by the length of combat or HP of the monster. Ugh. A starfish will only restore once (at most) against a bunny, but it can restore hundreds of HP in the Sea.
  4. You say that you want these familiars to be counted by the modifier maximizer. Have you considered that it will never consider switching to any familiar for any circumstances unless asked to consider a specific familiar with the "switch" command? If you know enough to add a specific familiar to the modifier maximizer's keywords, then just switch familiars yourself.

I'm going to reject this feature for all the reasons above.

Fluxxdog

I realized points 1-3 WAAAAAAY too late ^^ (Feel free to throw some more A's in there.) Makes the request quite useless. Forgive my lack of thought there.

4 is incorrect. With work, a list of switchable familiars can be supplied. For example: "HP Regen Min x min y max,switch Ghuol Whelp,switch He-Boulder,switch etc." However, there's just no way for the maximizer to evaluate healing abilities against each other. If a familiar does not meet any of the conditions, it is completely ignored, regardless of any other benefits, including +tie (a feature I'm not complaining about, trust me). Hence the original request.