Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Destroy All Monsters

Default Destroy All Monsters

I'm retiring this thread. DAM is not currently under active development. While it is possible that may change in the future I just don't see as much need for it anymore now that Winterbay's WHAM has matured. Heck, I've even started to use WHAM since DAM is so far behind the curve.

I refer all current users of DAM to Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher.

===========================================

Destroy All Monsters 0.4.2 beta

This script is designed to fight monsters regardless of their type or your character's skills. If you want a script that can easily switch between killing huge ghouls and Feast of Boris monsters, then you've found it! It knows when monsters can be out-moxied and when to shieldbutt or cast spells.

The emphasis is on flexibility and speed of execution. There is already an excellent script that determines the optimal combination of spells to cast, but it was too darn slow if you have all the skills in the game so I began work on this. This script is less optimal, but still reasonably smart.

I know that a lot of people expect me to produce fully realized and fool proof scripts. This is not one of those. This script is more of the "throw stuff against a wall and hope it sticks" variety. It is very solidly in beta and I appreciate constructive criticism from anyone who can help to make this script better. I don't expect this script to be perfect, but I do hope it becomes better.

This script makes heavy use of BatBrain. I'm not really interested in improving it in ways that move away from BatBrain. A secondary purpose of my writing this was to figure out how to make maximal use of BatBrain's power, so if I miss a BatBrain trick, please point it out and help me improve this script.

Please notice that the script starts out by calling SmartStasis. SmartStasis does many clever and important things. After that it will announce when DestroyAllMonsters attempts to kill the monster. Anything disagreeable that happens before this script announces "DestroyAllMonsters starts now!" is probably a SmartStasis bug so report it in that thread, not here.

This script requires the user to download the latest versions of the following scripts to the KoLmafia /script directory. If you dislike clutter, you can create a subdirectory called /automation and put all four scripts in that directory. KoLmafia will automatically detect scripts in subdirectories of the /script directory.

Then you need to set your custom combat action to "custom combat script" and create a custom combat script that contains only the following:

Code:
    [ default ]
    consult DestroyAllMonsters.ash
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bale; 05-31-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

This post is reserved for future use.

Nice good to have a thread in which to discuss this.

I will most likely still use my own spamattack-script while in HC runs but in aftercore it is, as you say, way too slow taking 2-3 minutes per fight
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Anythign I can do to help debug this one?
    Code:
    Request 2 of 183 (The Sea: The Wreck of the Edgar Fitzsimmons) in progress...

[8523] The Wreck of the Edgar Fitzsimmons
    Encounter: mine crab
    Strategy: C:\Privat\Dropbox\Mafia\ccs\PM.ccs [default]
    Round 0: winterbay wins initiative!
    Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase; Grouper Groupie (0μ)0μ--
    Run SmartStasis! (0 profit to stasis with spectre scepter -- low)
    Monster: Mine Crab, ATT: 710, DEF: 549, HP: 860, Value: 2709.5
    You will die in 2306 rounds.
    Your attack will kill the monster in 1 rounds.
    DestroyAllMonsters starts now! (using attack -- killrounds: 1, dierounds: 2306)
    Macro called on empty queue!
    Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase; Grouper Groupie (0μ)0μ--
    Run SmartStasis! (0 profit to stasis with spectre scepter -- low)
    Monster: Mine Crab, ATT: 710, DEF: 549, HP: 860, Value: 2709.5
    You will die in 2306 rounds.
    Your attack will kill the monster in 1 rounds.
    You're on your own, partner.
    Click here to continue in the relay browser.
    Edit:
    I am currently a level 30 TT with a melee weapon equipped (even though it is a whip so not very powerful). Current stats are 2628/1617/1634 if that matters and verbosity is currenlty on 7.

Edit, edit: Having attacked the darn thing manually I noticed that, as it says up there, it was a mine crab. Batbrain does not like attacking mine crabs so when DAM tried to do that nothing happened since that option wasn't available. I think you need special handling for mine crabs if you are going to get that to work. I tend to funksling two toy soldiers to kill them.
    Last edited by Winterbay; 11-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

ooh, I've been waiting for a thread for this for a while now. Are you going to add versioning?

I should probably add some nice vprint("",8) lines for debugging purposes. Right now all my debugging lines are in the code, but commented out in case I decide to enable them for some special purpose. Obviously that's less useful to people other than myself.

Edit, edit: Having attacked the darn thing manually I noticed that, as it says up there, it was a mine crab. Batbrain does not like attacking mine crabs so when DAM tried to do that nothing happened since that option wasn't available. I think you need special handling for mine crabs if you are going to get that to work. I tend to funksling two toy soldiers to kill them.
    Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    I see. BatBrain was trying to avert disaster. It will definitely require special handling to deal with them.

Are you going to add versioning?
    Originally Posted by kain View Post
    Yup.

Not sure if this is by design, but Destroy All Monsters just used a yellow ray to kill a Knob Goblin Madam. Kind of a lame use of a yellow ray, but I guess if the purpose is to have DAM use the most likely method to successfully make a kill, then it completed it as it should. Just made me tear up a little when I realized my yellow ray was done for the day.

Code:
    Request 2 of 49 (Knob: Cobb's Knob Harem) in progress...

[113]     Cobb's Knob Harem
    Encounter: Knob Goblin Madam
    Strategy:     ................\HC_Run.ccs [default]
    Round     0: IceColdFever wins initiative!
    BCC: We are using     the hebo against the right monster.
    Round 1: IceColdFever casts     SUCKERPUNCH!
    Round 2: knob goblin madam takes 1 damage.
    Round 2:     knob goblin madam drops 1 attack power.
    Round 2: knob goblin madam     drops 1 defense.
    Round 2: Mike Wazowski's yellow eye gazes upon a pie     cooling on a windowsill. The pie doesn't vanish, but the hobo who was     trying to steal it does.
    BCC: We are trying to use     the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
    BCC:     We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so     I'm attacking.
    Run SmartStasis! (-1 profit to     stasis with Suckerpunch -- low)
    1/3 monsters drop goals here.
    DestroyAllMonsters     starts now! (using Point at your opponent -- killrounds: 1, dierounds: 188)
    Round     2: IceColdFever executes a macro!
    Round 2: IceColdFever casts POINT AT     YOUR OPPONENT!
    Round 3: Mike Wazowski swings his eyestalk around and     unleashes a massive ray of yellow energy, completely disintegrating your     opponent.
    You acquire an effect: Everything Looks Yellow (duration: 150     Adventures)
    Round 3: IceColdFever wins the fight!
    After Battle: Mike     Wazowski gives you an invigorating hot rock massage.
    You gain 10 hit     points
    You gain 7 Mojo Points
    You acquire an item: Knob Goblin     perfume
    You acquire an item: whalebone corset
    You gain 2 Fortitude
    You     gain 4 Mysteriousness
    You gain 5 Smarm

"BCC: We are using the hebo against the right monster" indicates that BCC's ascend script has decided to use the Hebo surely? DAM announces itself as taking over combat later.
    Last edited by jwylot; 11-14-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Still waiting for Zarqon to add Naughty Paper Shuriken support to BatBrain :P

New Version!
    Download 0.2.2 from the first post.

Not sure if this is by design, but Destroy All Monsters just used a yellow ray to kill a Knob Goblin Madam. Kind of a lame use of a yellow ray, but I guess if the purpose is to have DAM use the most likely method to successfully make a kill, then it completed it as it should. Just made me tear up a little when I realized my yellow ray was done for the day.
    Originally Posted by IceColdFever View Post
    Holy crap! I have never seen that before!! Why the heck did BatBrain think that was a good option for killing? Technically this is a BatBrain bug, but I'll make darn sure that it doesn't happen again!

Fortunately it is easy to fix. I'll just add "skill 7082" the list of skill that are not ok. First post updated with the new version.

Versioning has also been added in this build.