Automatically buys 30 items at a time from the mall when auto-mallbuy is on?Woe is me

GeminiRai

Why does kolmafia want to bankrupt me? All I did was turn automatically buy items from the mall when needed. I don't see anywhere where the number is specified but for some reason whenever the auto-mallbuy is triggered it does something like this

Searching for "scroll of drastic healing"...
Search complete.
Purchasing scroll of drastic healing (14 @ 670)...
You acquire scroll of drastic healing (14)
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 30, got 14)

And bankrupts me :< How do I tell it to only buy one at a time, and might I even be so bold as to suggest that his should be the default behavior when automatically buy items from the mall is on? Though for some reason I can't seem to find anyone else who has this problem. Perhaps I have gone mad.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Restoring items are bought 30 at a time to save Jick money on bandwidth. Tell mafia to not use those items (Adventure tab, HP/MP usage), or turn off mallbuying.

matt.chugg

duh. i'm dumb.

although... do npc stores behave in the same way? guild store, doc, black forest? I've been using bales ur for as long as I can remember!

Winterbay

I would guess that a newly started account, in a casual run or possibly in its first round, may run into that problem.

Bale

Minion
KoLmafia has a short list of items that it will purchase in quantities of 30 whenever you are not in ronin. This list contains: scroll of drastic healing, sgeea, anti-anti-antidote. There might be another item or two on the list. These items were chosen because these items are reasonably cheap and a character using these items will frequently purchase 1 and use it, then purchase and use another shortly afterwards and another 1 after that. It saves server hits by purchasing a whole bunch at once.

This only happens outside of ronin.