raidlog override a la Dr. Evi1

A bug. You can kill over 1000 monsters if two or more fights are started at 999, though you only get kisses for 1000. At present, however, it is showing boss for an area we have 1001 kills for as "defeated by" with no name. No boss fight has been started or finished according to the logs. Currently 1001 kills is the trigger for writing "defeated by", rather than a boss defeated log entry.

Feature request. As the number of each monster killed determines which boss appears, can the boss be filled in, rather than ?, when more than 500 kills of a monster type has been made?

Feature request. Minor thing, but can the images of the bosses be centered in the table? The bosses with long names would look better centered in my opinion.

Still loving it!

Bug:
You can't overkill anymore, so that bug should only be present in older logs where the trick was used before the fix. I suppose I could support that though, anyway.
FR 1:
Well, that's provably false. The number is influential in determining which boss appears from what I gather, but it absolutely is not as hard and fast as "whatever there is more of". Also, that can change over the course of a run, so... this is just a no for now.

FR 2:
I don't understand what you mean. the images should be exactly the size of the table cell, with no need to center. I could be wrong, so I'll look into that. Either way, I'm not entirely happy with the boss images. I don't want any extra space around them, but the boss images come in all shapes and sizes (or like... 4 shapes and 6 sizes, whatever) so there's no way to make them simultaneously nice and uniform.

EDITS:
It's entirely possible that I'm just being thick, but...

I created topmenu.ash in my Kolmafia/relay folder, and filled it with your code. But I see no change in my mainpane contents. I'm supposed to be seeing a "raidlogs" text somewhere that'll link to clan_raidlogs.php, right?
Provided you use the old "links" style topmenu, it should add a raidlogs link just after the clan link.

Regarding the tables: Making the columns sortable is something I would like to do, but as far as I know, there is no simple way to do this without using jQuery, which I'm not terribly familiar with. If someone wanted to help with that, I'd be open to it.

And now to ask the users: In the big Totals table... do you want more info there? It looks sparse to me with just total turns. Maybe total kills and total turns from each area? Or possibly a column for "selfless" actions (using a key primarily, but maybe others...)?

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Bug:
You can't overkill anymore, so that bug should only be present in older logs where the trick was used before the fix. I suppose I could support that though, anyway.

You just don't gain kisses now. If two people start a fight at 999 kills, you still get 1001 in the log. We got it this evening.

FR 1:
Well, that's provably false. The number is influential in determining which boss appears from what I gather, but it absolutely is not as hard and fast as "whatever there is more of". Also, that can change over the course of a run, so... this is just a no for now.

Interesting. Maybe it's whichever you get most kisses for or something then. We've not upgraded much, and have had the monster with most kills every time in 8 instances so far. I'd not heard any other mechanism, and which it's most of. I was asking for when over 500 was hit, as if it was just number, it's too late to change anything then.

FR 2:
I don't understand what you mean. the images should be exactly the size of the table cell, with no need to center. I could be wrong, so I'll look into that. Either way, I'm not entirely happy with the boss images. I don't want any extra space around them, but the boss images come in all shapes and sizes (or like... 4 shapes and 6 sizes, whatever) so there's no way to make them simultaneously nice and uniform.

I'll take a screenshot tomorrow if you like. Basically with something like Mayor Ghost, the boss image is wider than the name, so appears neatly with the name below. With something like the Werewolf boss, the name is much wider than the image, so (on IE 10 anyway) the image is left justified with the name below. It'd look neater in my opinion centered.

You just don't gain kisses now. If two people start a fight at 999 kills, you still get 1001 in the log. We got it this evening.
Oh, okay. fixed.
Interesting. Maybe it's whichever you get most kisses for or something then. We've not upgraded much, and have had the monster with most kills every time in 8 instances so far. I'd not heard any other mechanism, and which it's most of. I was asking for when over 500 was hit, as if it was just number, it's too late to change anything then.
Feel free to come check out Black Mesa's logs. We've seen every combination of monster-count/banish/boss you can think of.
I'll take a screenshot tomorrow if you like. Basically with something like Mayor Ghost, the boss image is wider than the name, so appears neatly with the name below. With something like the Werewolf boss, the name is much wider than the image, so (on IE 10 anyway) the image is left justified with the name below. It'd look neater in my opinion centered.
The boss name, in Firefox, wraps to multiple lines, so that the image width is the deciding factor. Not sure what causes this, I'll look into it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I finally got around to loading this. It's gorgeous. Nice job!
That's all I have to say at the moment. :)

It's entirely possible that I'm just being thick, but...

I created topmenu.ash in my Kolmafia/relay folder, and filled it with your code. But I see no change in my mainpane contents. I'm supposed to be seeing a "raidlogs" text somewhere that'll link to clan_raidlogs.php, right?
Provided you use the old "links" style topmenu, it should add a raidlogs link just after the clan link.
Ah. Well there's the problem. I'm using dropdowns. It all makes sense now!

Thanks Veracity! Odd, I'm not usually the "make it pretty" type.
Anyway, those that want it, there is now an item drop table if you click the Totals table.
I've seen a lot of conflicting info regarding how many of an item can drop in a given instance and stuff like that, so if you have definitive data regarding the matter, let me know.
Also, if there's something that should be included that isn't, let me know.

Regarding the summarization table in the totals : great idea!

However a couple of nice enhancements would be:
1) Please list who grabbed the intricate parts from the attic like you did with some of the other unlocks
2) Maybe for 1 instance items, group them all together, and make links to the noncombats if they haven't been claimed. Perhaps make this stand out with bold or red text.

Also, what is the gold star next to some people's names?

Thanks!

Last edited:

parastra

1) Please list who grabbed the intricate parts from the attic like you did with some of the other unlocks

Thanks!

Grabbing the parts from the attic is already listed as -spooky, but maybe some indication that this is also the parts choice would be helpful.

Also, I assume the gold stars are meant to indicate people who used up a skeleton key. However there isn't a gold star shown for the person who unlocked the attic.
Adding the following at line 185 seemed to fix that:

Code:
theMatcher["DreadWoods","+Cabin.300"]="unlocked the attic of the cabin";

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Veracity (#121572) made a cool iron breastplate (1 turn)
Heh. I see I have been ninja'ed by 18 minutes. Well, it's not the same, and I am sure there is a similar message for the helmet, but it's the same idea.

Darzil

Developer
Have attached what bosses look like in IE, Chrome and Firefox (the browsers I have installed for testing my websites). They do indeed look good in Firefox. If only the browsers would stick to the same standards!

Chrome:
Bosses_Chrome.png
IE:
Bosses_IE.png
Firefox:
Bosses_Firefox.png

Regarding the summarization table in the totals : great idea!

However a couple of nice enhancements would be:
2) Maybe for 1 instance items, group them all together, and make links to the noncombats if they haven't been claimed. Perhaps make this stand out with bold or red text.

Thanks!
1) You mean in the area-specific tables? I'll consider it. Currently it is -Spooky like Veracity pointed out. But there is no way to discern from the logs whether or not any were obtained, so it'll be like.. "-Spooky and maybe some intricate parts, who knows".

2)Grouping all the 1/instance items together is something I have absolutely no interest in, sorry. I just don't see the point. If there's something you want, look for it in the chart. If it hasn't been claimed, there'll be a zero.

Side Note: Adding links to the noncombats (or even to exact outcomes...) when they have been sketched is something I would like to add, however, so keep an eye out for that update.

Also)As others have noticed, the gold star is awarded to those selfless* clannies spending 25 freddies to unlock an area. Go them!

*or not.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
2)Grouping all the 1/instance items together is something I have absolutely no interest in, sorry. I just don't see the point. If there's something you want, look for it in the chart. If it hasn't been claimed, there'll be a zero.

There will often not be a zero because other people have taken FKs from the same noncombat. There's a good chance I'll switch over to the greasemonkey script for that feature once all the issues are ironed out, if it isn't going in this script.

HasteBro

About Darzil's issues with the image being off-center, I got the same problem, but in Firefox. This was due to the name of the player who killed the boss being a single word and too long for the frame, which makes it not wrap to the next line.

There will often not be a zero because other people have taken FKs from the same noncombat. There's a good chance I'll switch over to the greasemonkey script for that feature once all the issues are ironed out, if it isn't going in this script.

I believe we are talking about different things. Click the Totals Table. There will be a zero there.