raidlog override a la Dr. Evi1

As for the way NCs are handled, my suggestion would be similar what you have done for hobo and ST. If someone looted a ghost pencil, a new column "looted ghost pencil [x/10]" shows up, where x is how many have been looted that instance and a 1 in the player's line.

Items that can be looted once per instance can be done in a similar fashion, but instead of having a column for each, a single column for "one per instance", and instead of a 1 showing in the player's line, it shows the name of the item.

Krugger looting can have it's own column if it's important enough, or just band it with other NC options in a single column.
My problem with the more-than-once-per is that that generates a separate column from the other choices from the same noncombat. Again, I'm rethinking the noncombats entirely and may find a different way to show them. As for the once-per items having their own table, that separates them from their respective zones. Not necessarily a bad thing, but is it really what I want to do? Do they *need* to be separated from their noncombats at all? Like, under the Castle->Hall could it just say Dreadful Roast next to the player that grabbed it, amidst all the other options that could also happen, or do you feel that these should stand out more?
And for the more-than-once, I can't think of a good way to include them and show a tally at the same time. I'll have to think about that.

To track which elements are banished and which monsters are predominant: Add 2 lines beneath the % completed, divide the first line into 15 squares and have their background colors be according to the elements, whenever an element is banished it's square becomes white. For monsters, have them written out "Werewolf | Bugbear", when someone drive the bugbears out, make it's font color faded and the werewolf's bolded. I guess the kill count for each could go there too.
I was actually thinking of including this information (along with Kiss level) in the top of each zone's table.
As for the kill counts of each species... if it is determined that this is actually important, then I will just split the kills (and maybe defeats) on the table, otherwise I see no reason to include this information anywhere than the element-species info table.

HasteBro

One per instance:
dreadful roast
wax banana
stinking agaricus
Dreadsylvania Auditor's badge
moon-amber
dread tarragon
eau de mort
blood kiwi

>1 per instance:
Ghost Pencil (10)
Dreadsylvanian seed pod

Not confirmed anywhere I looked:
polished moon-amber
replica key
complicated lock impression
intricate music box parts
Dreadsylvanian clockwork key
lengths of old fuse

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Music box parts, hanging (clockwork key): 1/instance, eau is 10/instance.

I don't think anything else you listed is narratively limited.

Is there an easier way to get to the log display than going Clan Hall > Clan Basement > Dungeon Logs?

Specifically, I'm used to using DrEvi1's version, and it added an icon to the top pane in the relay browser.

(Apologies if this is answered elsewhere - I couldn't find it.)

If eau and pencils are the only limited-and-greater-than-one items, then I could probably make a case to include them somewhere specific to them.
As for the 1/instance items, I'll just stick with my original idea for noncombats, and you can see them listed there.

One thing I would like to be able to see is which noncombats I have (not) used up in the current instance.
When complete, this would be easy, find your name in the table(s) and look for blank spots under the noncombat columns.

DrEvi1

Very cool. Hopefully I will update the original script soon. Just trying to get outof the piled work that has been toppled on me lately :(

I plan on adding a bunch of features that will show what types of monsters are in each area currently, who took items from NC's, etc. I also submitted a bug report regarding the missing messages for using the machine to acquire skills 3 times per instance.

But thanks for the credit, I am happy work I did so long ago is still appreciated.

But it will be updated as well :)

I think I'm satisfied with it so far. I just need to fill in the missing matchers, and make a special place for those ... 2? items that are 10/instance.
Also, I should get around to the detailed kill sheet tomorrow, but for now, I feel there is plenty enough info to consider this dungeon workable.

Plans for the future: detect sketches and make the NC column heads links if available.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
FK coin non-combats are also 10/instance, at least those that don't need unlocking.

I haven't tested, but it would be crazy for the ones that do need unlocking to not be limited also. The one in the tree gives enough extra FKs to pay for the key that unlocked it, compared to other FK options (though the extras get spread between all 10 people).

Darzil

Developer
Whilst I'm looking forward to at a glance understanding of what remains to be grabbed, I'm loving this. Every time a clannie forgets to get stuff, I can see at a glance and point them in the right direction, and far less hassle when swapping clans and working out what I haven't done where ! I can even (mostly) count to 10 !

I can even (mostly) count to 10 !
emphasis mine

I'm trying to think of a non-ridiculous way to do the limited items. Since every zone but the hall has Freddies I can't think of a way to show it that isn't terribly cumbersome.

As for the counting to ten, If you are looking at the Estate, and notice that the column total doesn't add up right, then the -Hot is a lie: Currently there's a bug in the logs that shows "made the village less hot" when in reality you make it less cold. So there'll be that flaw until Jick fixes it.

One last thing that would be awesome. Total turns for all 3 areas per player for combats. That would make our clan loot involve a lot less math by hand.

Thanks for a great script!

DrEvi1

I like the update, you basically did what I was going to regarding the kiss level, monster types, and element types. I may borrow the way it looks, just for consistency sake :)