Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: raidlog override a la Dr. Evi1

Developer

Yeah, that wasn't exactly my best work. The main reason it was so many files was because I really didn't want to clutter files with a bunch of hardcoded crap, but it still ended up that way, to some extent.

Haven't actually touched that code for a while, so it'd probably take more effort to refactor than I can really put forth at the moment.

Will check this script out as it progresses; maybe someone who's actually willing to dedicate time to getting this done will actually make something I'd want to use.

Okay, when I wrote this, Sorority House didn't have noncombats in the logs.

Now that those are there, however, I have way more data than a table is really suitable for.

Any ideas on how I want to represent this dungeon? I can't really condense all the kills into one column, since the various species are on unique counters... And 5 tables seems a bit much for such a simple dungeon.

I have.. 5 species, 5 multi-kill, 1 defeat, 2-6 ML modifier (do we care which is which?), 4 monster killer item acquisition, 1 staff guide acquisition, the Avatar item acquisition (opening the box shows up in the logs, right?) and then killing Necbromancer himself.

ML modifiers -are- turns spent, but since the logs are kept in an order that I -still- have yet to decipher, when the dungeon was raised or lowered doesn't really matter, nor how much.

Halp?

Also, hee^3, I would -love- to turn this script into a raider's one-stop-shop, but I really don't have the time to work on it right now, work and school are taking everything out of me. But I do intend to eventually flush it out.

Developer

You could separate out the non-essential info into a different table, typically clans only count turns spent that progress the zone. What would be really helpful is the estimated number of monsters remaining by type.
    Automatically download the newest daily build - Version 1.8
    Better Basement Automation
    - Version 1.??? Someone else is maintaining this
    Get an effect from a buffbot
    - Version 1.4

Script Updated.
    Hopefully this is quite a bit more useful. ML at the bottom is given from 0-3. Estimates can be -wildly- off, so don't rely on them too heavily.

(#) next to a name is how many times they've defeated Necbromancer (counting only the first fight... cuz Jick is lame) and (G) is next to people that have collected their staff guides for the run.

This version is more compact and complete than the previous version, and hopefully better on the eyes in general.

Developer

This is a small thing, but I modified my local copy to have a refresh link at the top by adding this to formatData():

Code:
    write("<td><a href=\"clan_raidlogs.php\">Refresh</a></td>");
    - Version 1.4

This is a small thing, but I modified my local copy to have a refresh link at the top by adding this to formatData():

Code:
    write("<td><a href=\"clan_raidlogs.php\">Refresh</a></td>");
    Originally Posted by Rinn View Post
    I have many many times pressed back just to reclick the Dungeon Logs poster on the wall... how this never occurred to me is beyond me. Will be included in next version.

I also like a topmenu link to the logs. It's immensely useful during hamster runs. Here is a copy of my topmenu relay override. It also includes the code to make the inventory links split into three, and probably doesn't play nicely with the compact topmenu.
    Attached Files

Developer

Here's another change I made that makes the previous run table not be fixed width because it was causing a horizontal scroll bar for me:

Code:
    void pageFooter(){
     int i=page.index_of("<body>");
     string footer = page.substring(i+6);
     footer = footer.replace_string("clan_oldraidlogs.php width=700", "clan_oldraidlogs.php width=100%");
     write(footer);
    }
    - Version 1.4

Okay, moved this to SVN.
    Currently no different from the last version, but if I can find the time I will definitely attempt to get this working with the new dungeon as soon as possible.

Code:
    svn checkout http://almighty-saplings-ash.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/raidlogs

I, for one, am really happy to know that when the new clan dungeon is released, you'll be willing to update this script to handle it.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.